Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • So exciting – washing machine recommendations…
  • yossarian
    Free Member

I know, I know

Looks like our Bosch classixx 6 is an ex-washing machine now – the 3 motor fault flashing lights of doom have appeared.

Not liking the call-out and replacement motor costs so maybe looking to buy a new one. What’s good and economic these days? Needs to cover a family of 4 and be as reliable as poss.

Any advice is gratefully received!

craigxxl
    Free Member

LG direct drive

cinnamon_girl

NOT Miele.

tang
    Free Member

Zanussi here from john lewis. 7 years of family of 5 thrashing, no problems at all.

Spud

Miele! Having been through two Bosch we but the bullet and went for the ten year warranty cover that came with it. So far so good. Gets used daily.

superfli
    Free Member

Either expensive and simple (miele), or cheap and expect to change it every few years. Don’t get middle of road with all the buttons/modes you will never use.
    We have a bottom of the range miele. Bought it 7 years ago. Very simple, hardly any functions, but enough. It’s good.

iolo
    Free Member

I have a 20ish year old Miele. Apart from changing the belts once or twice and drum bearings once it’s been faultless. It cost a bloody fortune then but worth every single penny.

andymac
    Free Member

I agree with the watch out for Miele thread. We got one last year at a very good price. However, my wife got the clothes between the seal and the drum and ripped the seal slightly. It was £180 to replace it!!

busydog
    Free Member

We recently got a Samsung front-loader/direct drive and it’s the best we’ve ever had. We replaced an LG that vibrated so badly it would walk around the laundry room. With the Samsung, no vibration and it never moves at all.

blastit
    Free Member

LG direct drive 11 years family of 4. So about 2 wash a day.
    Had to replace a couple of micro switches this year at £1 each.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘So exciting – washing machine recommendations…’ is closed to new replies.