Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • So – everyone has played one game now…
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

…what are we thinking? Were Spain horribly unlucky not to score? Will Germany run out of steam? Will North Korea stun everyone and do a Cameroon? Will England warm to the task and get two good results?

highclimber
    Free Member

I have found each game I have watched less than impressive. nothing that really stands out. Switzerland had a good game tho IMO

sputnik
    Free Member

Brazil and Germany can hold their heads high. I also hope the African teams stay in for a while.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Edric64
    Free Member

The early games are often lacking in excitment.I think some teams take a while to warm up

ben
    Free Member

Argentina looked pretty strong. Germany look solid too.

I'm hoping we'll see a far better performance from England on Friday, but then I'm an optimist!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I sense the usual suspects will be there come the business end of the tournament 8)

EDIT: Self-congratulations on a truly remarkable piece of insight on my behalf 🙄

wrightyson
    Free Member

Well it's nice to see someone else not getting the result everyone expected. I honestly think in these tournaments there is a big luck element involved in some of the games. Hopefully we had our bad version of luck in the opener and now go on and start playing some decent football. Bloody germans tho, ruthless and efficient as ever!

Pigface
    Free Member

Chile le le le che che che le le le Chile

GrahamS

Will North Korea stun everyone

I'm sure if they had that kind of technology they would have used it by now 🙂

I did like the Daily Mash story:

NORTH KOREA CELEBRATES FLAWLESS 8-0 WIN
    North Koreans were celebrating last night after their team's long-predicted 8-0 thrashing of decadent capitalist Brazil."

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/north-korea-celebrates-flawless-8%110-win-201006162818/

mark.laird
    Free Member

Bring on the Knockout Stage
    CMon England

epicsteve
    Free Member

Argentina and Germany have impressed me the most so far, but it's early days.

scaredypants

will no-one think of the childr fantasy league points I'm pissing up the wall here 👿

simonralli2
    Free Member

No one seems to be talking about the issue of altitude. Did that affect us in the first game and is it still an issue?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Germany, Brazil & Argentina have impressed so far. I think Franz Beckenbeaur hit the nail on the head with his description of England.

billybob
    Free Member

oh it's a world cup thread….

Just kidding – been a bit flat this far – hopefully it should start to sparkle now the games are starting to have some meaning, didn't think the Argies we're that good…

epicsteve
    Free Member

didn't think the Argies we're that good…

If the Nigeria keeper hadn't had the game of his life it'd have been a cricket score – despite Nigeria not being all that bad a side.

Hairychested
    Free Member

i've so far liked it despite the bullocking I'm getting from the Irish for wearing an England top.
    Bring the Germans on, 5 – 1 repeat!

Garry_Lager

It's largely been a bag of pish thus far, but world cups often are these days. Comparison with Germany and England was not favourable at all, given the level of opposition in their first games was broadly similar – Fabio's Alehouse Battlers look like they have their work cut out.

grumm
    Free Member

I've got a £20 free bet on Germany to win at 9/1 – most impressive team so far and always have the right mentality. Argentina looked promising too if Maradona can keep it together. 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Surprisingly few complaints about the ball so far. Come on lads, where's the English spirit? That ball moves around like it shouldn't do. Get some excuses in quickly otherwise it'll look like we lost because we were shit.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Garry – did you watch Spain Switzerland? 🙂

NZCol

If you believe the papers here NZ could go all the way to the next round, seemingly they forget that we actually looked quite like a very poor partick thistle on an off day until that great goal in the 93rd+ minute. Anyhoo, details schmetails.
    Brazil had some moves, swiss cheese solid, thought Chile impressive, Germans were ominously tidy. Dunno always hard to tell in first round.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

looked quite like a very poor partick thistle on an off day

when you mention the jags there's no need to add 'very poor' or on 'an off day' that's a given. 😆

NZCol

oi watchit I'm a (realistic) jags fan !

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘So – everyone has played one game now…’ is closed to new replies.