Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • So, er… I appear to be trending on Twitter.
  • Cougar

Third one down.

Just for this little thing I hurled together in a couple of minutes:

😯

It’s a very odd sensation. 1.6K retweets and counting so far, my phone’s buzzer is about to melt.

I’d have lined up the text properly if I’d known.

scaredypants

needs more pacman, MrT and actual pies

🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*swoons*

😉

TheBrick
    Free Member

I think people are misinterpreting your tag and are looking for experiences with experienced ladies.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Your famous, maybe they’ll even ask to take part in the next Celeb Big Brother! 😉 How you going to hold onto your limelight though?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

LOL, no. Look how well that turned out for my local ex MP, Curious George.

Cougar

Me, me, look at me!!

I think people are misinterpreting your tag and are looking for experiences with experienced ladies.

I’ve had a few strange random messages from hopeful teenage boys on various media over the years. I usually reply that I’m sure it’s very nice but mine’s bigger. They seem to get cross about that for some reason.

bearnecessities

Probably because teenagers don’t like being lied to.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Nor students (see: Nick Clegg)

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

One day the world will be run via social media, laws and policy implemented based upon whats trending, will be totes amazeballz.

Cougar

Probably because teenagers don’t like being lied to.

TBH, if someone thinks that an appropriate opening gambit when starting a chat with someone they assume is female is to send an unsolicited photo of their cocktail sausage, I’m happy to file that under “xxxThomas69xxx learns an important lesson about life.”

bearnecessities

Ah.

It wasn’t a serious comment;…

but mine’s bigger.

…see?

Sorry, too dry 🙂

Cougar

Ah, yes, I see what you did there now. I also often make the mistake of being too subtle. (-:

Sorry, too dry

They write themselves sometimes, don’t they.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

TBH, if someone thinks that an appropriate opening gambit when starting a chat with someone they assume is female is to send an unsolicited photo of their cocktail sausage, I’m happy to file that under “xxxThomas69xxx learns an important lesson about life.”

Surely the correct course of action from now on would be to retweet these ‘advances’ to your thousands of new followers 😈

wallop

Excellent!

Cougar

Amusingly, I’ve now had 2.6K retweets and 14 new followers. How boring must I be? Major e-peen shrinkage, don’t they know I’m a big hitter moderator on a MTB forum?!

deadkenny
    Free Member

I’ve come to the same conclusion. Most people I follow on social networks seem to be outraged and mostly have a liberal or left wing view point. Well except many have got annoyed at the Lib Dems over tuition fees of course. So wondered where the Tory votes are, as they’re not on the Internet 😀

Bearing in mind though the majority of voters are usually old folk, so probably explains it.

Cougar

“I’m outraged!!”

Did you vote?

“No, there’s no point!”

QED.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Most people I follow on social networks seem to be outraged and mostly have a liberal or left wing view point.

Echo chamber, innit?

One of the perils of social media is that it’s so easy to find content/people that you agree with that people rarely look beyond that comfort zone. It was a big part of the Labour side of things, as there was a massive amount of circle-jerking-self-congratulatory back slapping that “We’ve totes got a hashtag and it’s totes been retweeted an amazeballs number of times. Means we’re going to #win”. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to find out that the whole #milifandom thing was some achingly “clever” idea from Axelrod or someone.

Still, could be worse. Anyone need any stone? One careful owner. Lightly carved. 😀

mintimperial

I’d have lined up the text properly if I’d known.

Tsk.

konabunny
    Free Member

One of the perils of social media is that it’s so easy to find content/people that you agree with that people rarely look beyond that comfort zone.

You’re totally right mate, couldn’t have said it better myself, +1, have an upvote and a like.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Still, could be worse. Anyone need any stone? One careful owner. Lightly carved.

In the interest of austerity he could just give it to his replacement to use next time…

It does show in here that the “Outraged Left” does in fact shout very loudly and the Anything but a Tory mantra was drummed out across social media and the slagging of the mainstream press as being biased and unrepresentative (either they lead or reflect their readership) created a feeling that the left was on the up and the tories were out.

As for the polls either they asked the wrong people, people lied or people changed their mind.

PePPeR

I always remember being slaughtered at school during the 1983 election for daring to say I’d vote conservative, when every one else was shouting up the Labour party.

I haven’t forgotten that experience and I bet a lot of other people have been in that situation where they’re embarrassed to say that they’d prefer to vote for one party when the majority view is shouting at them from the other direction.

chakaping
    Free Member

I haven’t forgotten that experience and I bet a lot of other people have been in that situation where they’re embarrassed to say that they’d prefer to vote for one party when the majority view is shouting at them from the other direction.

To be fair you could get the same response on here by boasting that you enjoy discarding your gel wrappers as your ride around trail centres or that you park across two bays to make sure nobody scratches your Range Rover.

It’s the lack of social responsibility that annoys people, not that you have a different political view per se.

PS – Good work Cougar, are you suffering from “difficult second album syndrome” for the follow-up yet?

tenfoot

Still, could be worse. Anyone need any stone?

No, but I believe Cougar might have some pictures of people with wood

MoreCashThanDash

Number of people I’ve spoken to have told me that they felt the Lib Dems had the most pragmatic and fairest looking manifesto, and Nick Clegg seemed the most “likeable” and down to earth of the leaders, but still didn’t seem to vote for them?

Is it just a special code for Shy Tories that I didn’t pick up on?

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s your 15 minutes Cougar. Enjoy it ! Perhaps you should make a YouTube video explaining the Venn diagram, ideally filmed sat on your bed speaking in street language

On a moderately serious note I have no doubt large numbers of posters on social media are kids under 18 who cannot vote.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is that a confession Jam 😉

I bet a lot of other people have been in that situation where they’re embarrassed to say that they’d prefer to vote for one party

If you are ashamed to admit to who you vote for publicly then its time to reconsider who you vote for. It is amusing that even tory voters no its a shitty thing to do so keep it secret.
    #The vote that dare not speak its name

Markie
    Free Member

If you are ashamed to admit to who you vote for publicly then its time to reconsider who you vote for. It is amusing that even tory voters no its a shitty thing to do so keep it secret.
    #The vote that dare not speak its name

Except it’s not about being ashamed of your vote, it’s to do with not needing the grief and aggression handed out by those who believe that the left has a monopoly on compassion and that the only reason for voting Conservative is self interest.

dazh

and that the only reason for voting Conservative is self interest.

An interesting idea. Could you explain why it isn’t?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Let’s get this over with, I voted conservative, previously I’ve voted lib dem and labour. I don’t vote tory because I’m a crap human being but in this case largely because:
    I wouldn’t have trusted the two eds not to have ruined us.
    Our local tory is actually quite good and a pleasant chap (as was his lib dem predecessor)
    I don’t believe the labour party are any more compassionate than any one else in anything but rhetoric.
    They’re no longer the loony left with whom I largely agreed and seem only to represent the same self interest as the tories but hidden behind past leftist leaning.
    The lib dem seemed to offer more of the same unachievable manifesto promises they did last time, last time they had the defence of never seriously expecting to have to deliver, this time they didn’t and it seemed a little too wishful thinking

I personally am what most people consider to be not well off – minimum wage – and was better off after four years of condemn rule than 14 of labour. Self interest possibly, but frankly being told by huge numbers of people who are leftists and significantly less poor than me, that the labor party is the party to support poor people and the tories would see me rot rather grates.
    I was always told to judge people by their friends, I never saw a rabid tory activist spitting at aour deriding a labour voter I have seen the other.
    I don’t shout about it, my vote is like my health, it’s my business and none of anybody else’s.

MoreCashThanDash

Dangeourbrain plus one, without the Tory vote part. Excellent deconstruction of current Labour and their often hypocritical support base.

Pretty sad situation for democracy and free speech that people don’t like to admit their voting practices due to the tone and attitude of internet hard men.

I went Lib Dem this time, bless ’em, needed all the support they can get. I’ve voted for all three main parties in the past depending on what I felt was the better option for the country at the time.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I went Lib Dem this time

given how they polled you must be the only one on here! 😆

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I do feel sorry for clegg and the lib dem party. Seem to have been mauled largely for doing what – to a non tory hating voter – looked the right thing to do.

That said the few lib dem activists I’ve known were more dyed in the wool not blue than anything else, and you’d have thought their leadership would have expected the sort of reaction they got if the rest of the support base were mostly the same.

stumpy01

dangeourbrain – Member
    Let’s get this over with, I voted conservative, previously I’ve voted lib dem and labour.

Yeah, I don’t mind admitting that I voted Tory.

Previously I’ve voted Lib Dem and Labour, but there was no way I’d vote for Ed Milliband. I didn’t hear anything from the Labour party to think they’d do a better job.
    And Lib Dem were never gonna do well after the “coalition”, which was a difficult one for them…..if Nick Clegg had passed the opportunity up he’d have been slated, but there was no way it was ever going to help them long term.

I found a questionnaire online that compared your view of different things (immigration/privatisation/HS2 etc) to all the political parties and gave a score of how aligned your views are to them.
    Tory and Lib Dem came out within 1% of each other which tied up with what my potential voting preferences were prior to the election.

MoreCashThanDash

I suspect all the Liberal coalition haterz are gonna get a wake up call in the next 5 years of unfettered Tory austerity. Except it won’t just be 5 years, looking at the state of the Labour party today.

You think the North Korean dynastic thing is a problem?

Cougar

PS – Good work Cougar, are you suffering from “difficult second album syndrome” for the follow-up yet?

I was going to get a picture of a dismantled motorbike, with the wheels crossed over in a similar style to the first picture.

Caption, Venn and the art of motorcycle maintenance.

Cougar

3,788 RTs now, btw. Good grief.

konabunny
    Free Member

how can you monetize these eyeballs? you might need to ringfence this unicorn with cross-platform whalesong

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I’m going to find you, follow you and retweet that, hang on a sec…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘So, er… I appear to be trending on Twitter.’ is closed to new replies.