Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • So, er, ergons
  • anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Can you fit the ones with integrated bar end to carbon bars without the internal reinforcer? I know my old x-lites will crush it, will ergons do the same? They Ritchey WCS’s sans internal reinforcer …

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

?

AB
    Free Member

I don’t know, but I think the bar ends on Ergons are rubbish. Better off with separates. I do however love Ergons!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Yeah, except I can’t fit seperates, becuase those def would crush the bar. I just want something more comfy to stick the palm of my hand on for 24 hours and something a bit sticky outy to hook a few fingers round for another hand position.

My question is, will ergons crush the bar in the same way as seperate bar ends will. I can’t actually see the clamp design from any of the images on the web, or the tech-ish drawings on the website. Is the clmap designed to be torqued up like a lock-on grip, which is fine, or a bar end, which ain’t …

sometimerider
    Free Member

Ergons work in the same way as a lock on grip; you tighten the bolt through the bar-end which then tightens around a plastic collar on the grip.

However, this is the same as a standard bar end (apart from the plastic collar) so I don’t know whether it would be safe for your bars or not.

olie
    Free Member

You need a reinforcer. Ergon do the appropriate bit to stop you crushing the bars.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You can get metal bar end plugs which re-enforce the ends of your carbon bars, that’s how Truvative overcome the problem.

Here go’s me babber.

teh bar end plugs innit

KINGTUT
    Free Member
    anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I thought I’d have to use some of them. ta squire.

gingerflash

It’s probably a good idea to use the re-inforcer things although I managed for quite a while without before I decided I’d rather have the extra bar width than the little bar ends. I now use the standard ergons without the ends.

AB
    Free Member

I take it you don’t need those plugs on aluminium bars?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Not unless they are scooper lightweight numbers AB.

AB
    Free Member

Ta

onandon
    Free Member

the easton website lists the barends you can use with carbon bars, ergons are a brand they say should be used.

However, I have used some Ergons on a pair on EC90 flat bars and they havent popped or cracked yet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘So, er, ergons’ is closed to new replies.