Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • So drivers do go to prison for killing cyclists
  • logical
    Free Member
    LsD
    Free Member

Nope, basically got off with the killing someone bit of it…..

Wrathall pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of careless driving at Liverpool Crown Court, where he was today sentenced to 21 months imprisonment.

tomhoward

IIRC thats poorly written, I think the actual charge was dropped from ‘causing death by dangerous driving’ to ‘causing death by careless driving’.

edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-26085400

A British Touring Car driver who admitted death by careless driving when a cyclist died in a crash in Lancashire has been jailed for 21 months.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

JESUS!
    I got taken out on that roundabout whilst on my roadbike. That was about two years ago now!
    Car accelerating off the inner lane of the roundabout to join the motorway, just as I was crossing the sliproad. He hit me from roughly 5 o’clock direction and I went over the bonnet but only suffered a few cuts and bruises.
    The little sod had the gaul to dispute liability too. Had to take it through CTC insurance.
    Could have been worse then…

stumpy01

I think this was covered a few days ago, but…….

yes he has gone to jail. But, 21 months (out in <12?) for what he has done, doesn’t seem right to me……I’m sure he didn’t set out to kill someone, but driving a van and trailer whilst on the phone and then killing someone…….21 months seems prettty lenient, when that bloke who swam in the Thames and disrupted the boat race a couple of years ago, got 2 years (off the top of my head) and didn’t do any real harm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘So drivers do go to prison for killing cyclists’ is closed to new replies.