Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • So…. Doing something for charity
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Just go and do it then – don’t pretend its for charity.

Just look at the reaction you have got on here. That trhe reastion w#=you will get from people when you try to raise money to do this.

Want an exciting holiday – go and do it. Want to raise money for charity – go and do it. don’t have an exciting holiday and try and pretend its to raise money

cinnamon_girl

TJ is absolutely spot on. Often people just want a warm glow for their endeavours but dressing it up is just plain wrong.

I may be completely wrong here but don’t Just Giving take a percentage, sufficient to make their founders both millionairesses?

aracer
    Free Member

Hopefully I’ll achieve something in that region.

Good luck with that. Several significant differences between what they did and your holiday which make that quite a significant challenge – you’ll need to devote lots of time and energy to fundraising to get anywhere near.

Mintman
    Free Member

I may be completely wrong here but don’t Just Giving take a percentage, sufficient to make their founders both millionairesses?

Well I know they take some money and I think it costs the charity to register which is why the one I fundraise for doesn’t bother.

Not sure how rich the founders are but or wouldn’t surprise me if they were millionaires etc.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Well, I’d be happy to sponsor you on the basis you suggest.

donsimon
    Free Member

That trhe reastion w#=you will get from people when you try to raise money to do this.

It’s not often I’ll say this, but TJ has the nail on the head here.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

slight attack of fat fingers 😳
    thats the reaction you will get from people…….

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘So…. Doing something for charity’ is closed to new replies.