Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • So did everyone's kids get into School then?
  • anagallis_arvensis

Yes aa I didnt. Try and be civil

well thats what your post says not sure how you can deny it, maybe it was a typos who knows. Not sure either why you think I hate you, I dont know you and other than these post I’m not sure I have ever exchanged views with you. Could you explain why you feel the need to tell me to keep it civil? (I only swear at Zokes 😆 )

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Enough already you two! 😀

Or I’ll make you wear a GetAlong Shirt!

clubber
    Free Member

In context it is pretty clear that it’s a typo. So, back on topic…

toys19
    Free Member

restless, I don’t see how anyone can have an opinion about your approach. I see that you don’t have much choice. An awful lot of this is down to the lack of community/society which comes from almost everyone being at work..
    If we had more community then you could get support from family etc, but society drives us all to work, and maybe to work away from our friends and family, which leaves us all hanging.

johndoh
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member
    Crikey, All the more reason for Mrs K to work 3 days a week and keep her career alive then, rather than stand by the kitchen sink as perhaps Mrs Johndoe does…
    POSTED 4 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Nope she doesn’t. She works 2.5 days a week term time only, rising to 4 days in September when our girls start school.

What I do not agree with is both parents working long hours so they can have a Q7 and a 4 bed with ensuite at the expense of spending time with their children.

Sorry if I come across as an arse but I feel strongly that if we bring children into the world, we should be making sacrifices to bring them up ourselves. And I accept some people don’t have a choice, but others do yet choose to bung kids into after school clubs just so they can go on fancy holidays and drive expensive cars. IMO.

anagallis_arvensis

If I chose to be a full time parent, like plenty of your wives are, would I be doing what is best for my children, or would I be a lazy benefit scrounger?

Not sure it depends on which newspaper I’ve read that day. If its any consolation I was bought up by a single working mum, and I turned out wonderful 😆

Sorry if I come across as an arse

then maybe keep your views to yourself and dont presume what you think is right is also right for others or indeed the best way anyway.

woody2000

Hits imaginary like button 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

😆 two go in, only one comes out 😈

johndoh
    Free Member

then maybe keep your views to yourself and dont presume what you think is right is also right for others or indeed the best way anyway.

Surely that is all any single one of us on here does…

Kryton57

johndoh – Member
    Kryton57 – Member
    Crikey, All the more reason for Mrs K to work 3 days a week and keep her career alive then, rather than stand by the kitchen sink as perhaps Mrs Johndoe does…
    POSTED 4 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Nope she doesn’t. She works 2.5 days a week term time only, rising to 4 days in September when our girls start school.
    What I do not agree with is both parents working long hours so they can have a Q7 and a 4 bed with ensuite at the expense of spending time with their children.
    Sorry if I come across as an arse but I feel strongly that if we bring children into the world, we should be making sacrifices to bring them up ourselves. And I accept some people don’t have a choice, but others do yet choose to bung kids into after school clubs just so they can go on fancy holidays and drive expensive cars.

Maybe if you’d expressed yourself better earlier people would me more on side with you. FWIW I agree and (it appears by your earlier response) you made that assumption about me.

Based on this post, your wrong. I’m a family man working for my family, 10yo car which I am hoping will last another 4 years while KJ02 is in nursery, currently shocked at the winter gas bill I’ve received.

We have and have had (as a pre kids professional couple) a good life but I’m happy that a warm house and food on the table is enough for me while I see my kids through a better start than I had. If on top of that an opportunity come to improved life ill take it – but not at the risk of reducing the quality of life or education for my kids.

johndoh
    Free Member

I agree that I was a bit ‘all guns blazing’ before.

Mainly due to seeing my brother in law and his wife pleading poverty whilst spunking on iPads, fancy houses and Q7s so she can ‘drive her children’s friends around if needed’ and putting their kids into pre/post school and the father working away for weeks on end then asking the grand parents to drop off/collect from school, take them to after school classes etc.

Pisses me off no end.

anagallis_arvensis

Surely that is all any single one of us on here does…

For me its subject dependent. I think being critical of other peoples parenting is a step too far on a cycling forum. I think your post showed a complete lack of understanding of the realities of life for many people. People dont choose to have partners die or leave them or any other of a myriad of difficulties arrive. Lets hope your obviously blessed life continues untroubled and your kids grow up to be great.

Written whilst you wrote your last post so please take this as not confrontational if posdible. Its not how its meant.

johndoh
    Free Member

Sorry if I touched a nerve, wasn’t my intention.

clubber
    Free Member

Group hug?

Kids are always an emotive subject. IME, most people do try to do their best for their kids no matter how misguided that may be.

Mind you, my son goes to a primary with a very mixed intake. The school offer free breakfast club places to some of the poorest kids because that’s the best way to ensure that they get more decent meals. Similar for afterschool.

yunki
    Free Member

nope nope and **** nope

we moved house recently, one consideration was that the schools in this area might not have quite so much of a twee and romanticised character about them..

no worries.. our kids are cool, they should thrive anywhere.. shouldn’t they?

Our oldest is in pre-school.. he used to come home talking about what he’d done with which little friend, what games he had played, tell us about activities that he’d taken part in, bring home ‘stuff’, paintings or models or whatever..
    The teachers (?) would gush about how bright and friendly he is.. (they cried when he left.. 😯 )

Now when he comes home his stock answer is that he ‘played with everything’ He can’t name another kid or a single member of staff, and hasn’t brought anything home in over a month..
    We had a quick look at the latest ofsted report today and it is not **** great.. at all..

The guilt is a bit overwhelming this evening.. we’ve been looking at the alternatives already this week, and as we’ve recently moved to the area our options are very limited..

Bit gutted tonight, although we may have found an alternative pre-school that can take him next September..

toys19
    Free Member

yunki, we are on the same turf right? which school?

Sandwich

The school is only outstanding if their teaching methods and pastoral care fit your childs aptitude and temperament. My daughter had an horrendous time at her second school due to them failing to apply the Christian lifestyle consistently that they professed in their mission statement.
    Yunki I would give it a year more before moving him. Bear in mind that he’ll only tell you the bits he liked.

toys19
    Free Member

I’m still interested to see if people would like a return to a system where you just go to the school in your catchment and that is it.

yunki
    Free Member

Well that’s what we were kind of planning on doing pretty much toys.. a medium sized town, no real problem areas to speak of, what could possibly go wrong..?
    Education is regulated right..?

The nursery is at the end of our road.. but it’s gaaaaaaaaaash

I don’t think we are quite the same stomping ground either.. you’re Exeter aren’t you..?

We’re sunny Exmouth

With a bit of luck the place in question will pull their thumbs out of their backsides after a damning ofsted report.. I dunno if it will stop the manager of the place being surly and unhelpful though..

molgrips
    Free Member

Sorry to drag this back to the first page but:

Wouldnt it be better to get your child educated in a language more widely spoken internationally?

If you know of any French, Spanish or Chinese medium state schools and nurseries in the Cardiff area, please let me know.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’m still interested to see if people would like a return to a system where you just go to the school in your catchment and that is it.

Catchment is the #1 decider around Chester.
    The problem with ‘catchment only’ is when new housing estates are built which then means that the local school becomes overfull while neighbouring schools have spaces.

Regarding ‘good’ and ‘bad’ schools: My last two are finishing primary school this term and we have found that, although the school is very well thought of, there are a number of variables that can effect the schooling quality. For instance, in year 4 their usual teacher was off ill for a few months and this adversely affected their schooling compared to their elder sister went to the same school two years before.
    Teachers come and go and the children in the class can also affect how well a particular year does. So just because a school gets a good ofsted report it doesn’t guarantee results – and vica versa.

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘So did everyone's kids get into School then?’ is closed to new replies.