Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • So, did a regular Pentlands evening ride emerge from that one the other week?
  • drumon

onion…
    How could I email you, to please request an updated map?

druidh
    Free Member

You would find my email address in my profile….

Gordy
    Free Member

> if Maidens is the 'middle' one (Harlaw centre – Glencorse reservoir) then aye, it's stone all the way

I thought it looked in a bit of a state up by the gate at the top. Folk have been going round the planks on the Harlaw side as well and churning the edges up.

drumon

onion, email sent.

druidh
    Free Member

drumon – ygm

drumon

cheers!!

jimmy

anyone fancy Saturday morning Pantlands? Should be frozen solid…

chriswilk
    Free Member

The bottom end of Maidens on the glencorse side is very wet at the moment. It seems there is a new spring on the path that is causing much slop and erosion. Maybe worth a call to the ranger. It would only take 1 water bar to save the bottom 300m of path from being completely ruined.

Are any of you lot from the South side of the Pentlands??
    I'm in Penicuik and could do with an occasional night riding buddy.
    Not really an option to meet up with the Bonaly lot at Harlaw, as it'd be a full ride to get there and back!

Gordy
    Free Member

Sorry, I cannae do Saturday morning. I was thinking Friday night about 9 though.

Gordy
    Free Member

Just me then? 😆

Hope you get some company on Saturday, Jimmy. I'd have tagged along if I was free.

jimmy

will be xmas shopping this evening i'm afraid 😐

Gordy
    Free Member

Rather you than me, mate.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I'm waiting for the weather to be trying its best to stop me so I'm going out on Sunday morning and will then thaw myself out with Gluhwein from the German market and possibly a few Bratties too.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Just come back from a wee run round the Pentlands, slippy and white. Only two other tyre tracks around. Much fun.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Looking forward to heading up there tomorrow morning.

Garry_Lager

Pentlands ride would be good ce weekend – can only do Sunday am though. Are you Sat only Jimmy? Anyone fancies a Sunday sojourn post up and I'll be glad to join ye.

Gordy
    Free Member

I'm going for a burl on Sunday about 12:00-ish if that's any use to anyone. No route decided or anything like that yet.

Thought about going further afield but it seems a bit daft when the Pentlands will be nice and frozen.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I can't do Sunday AM but will be going up around dusk or later.

Btw I'm in perthshire at the minute and there's no snow. It seems so wrong!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Great ride yesterday, singlespeed was more fun and not as hard as I thought it'd be in the snow. Amazing how many folk were out on bikes, although not all were enjoying the snow.

Dougal
    Free Member

onion – Premier Member
    EUCC used it without my permission (not that it's actually Copyright or owt, but it would have been ice of them to ask).

We did ask, and you granted us permission. Still have the emails somewhere. Working in the bike industry is obviously affecting your memory already.

druidh
    Free Member

😳
    😥

Gordy
    Free Member

> Amazing how many folk were out on bikes

Nae bugger up there tonight as far as I could see. Just got some SPDs and took them for a shot in the snow – only went over once but had a few more moments when I nearly did it again. 😀

Was just me and this wee moose:

AlasdairMc

stevenmenmuir – Member
    Great ride yesterday, singlespeed was more fun and not as hard as I thought it'd be in the snow. Amazing how many folk were out on bikes, although not all were enjoying the snow.

Were you on a Scandal with Rebas perchance? If so, I tailed you up Maidens on my SS Rockhopper.

Great day to be out, nice and predictably slippy. Who wasn't enjoying the snow?

Gordy
    Free Member

So who's coming on Wednesday then?

Gordy
    Free Member

One at a time, eh. I wasn't prepared for such a rush.

;O)

AlasdairMc

Not me, although I wish I was. I doubt I'll get out at all this week 🙁

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

That was me, what tyre did you have on the back, looked nearly slick. We met some guys as we caught our breath at the start of Black Hill, they had just come up it from the reservoir end and were pretty much all cursing the snow. Shouldn't have been going the wrong way up it 😆

AntM
    Free Member

I might be up for a blast round, any times, places to meet etc or is that too organised?

Gordy
    Free Member

No concrete plans. Having assumed I was going by myself, I was going to go along the canal, up the donkey track from near Riccarton, onto Blinkbonny Road, and then I was going to see if I could find the track up Poet's Glen because I didn't know it existed until a few days ago.

But that's a rubbish plan for anyone but me so I'm entirely open to suggestions. :O)

Got any favourites? Can do about 7:30 no bother and can probably arrange to go earlier if need be. Don't mind taking the car if that helps.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Gordy, if I have understood you correctly, the path (the one that runs parallel to the Kirkgate) is on your left on Blinkbonny Road just after the bend in the road and just opposite some houses. There is a step up I think. First rode it down the other day. Nice bonus singletrack. Not tried it uphil yet. I nomally just ride up the kirkgate but think I'll try that path next time.

Gordy
    Free Member

That fits with the description I've got, pixelmix. Cheers.

I'm no' that certain now about finding the track over Maiden's Cleugh in the dark after this extra overnight snow. I suppose I'll just have to suck it and see, eh.

Kit
    Free Member

Going up Poet's is hard work (for me). Rocky, rooty and the last third is a killer 🙂

The time to beat from road to road is 4:00mins I think, let us know how you get on 😉

beefy

Confused! Is there a night ride on wed the 29th? or is it all a cruel joke? Sent Gordy an email, I am up near Edinburgh for the holidays with bike and lights, would love to be shown some stuff in the Pentlands, only been walking there before.

Gordy
    Free Member

> Going up Poet's is hard work

I don't doubt it but the road's hard work and boring.

Beefy: I've been talking about this Wednesday – today – and I'll be in Galloway next week. Otherwise I'd have been happy to go for a spin while you're up here. Some of the other Edinburgh folk might be going out though …

AntM
    Free Member

doesn't look like I'll be able to make it 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

beefy – Member

Confused! Is there a night ride on wed the 29th? or is it all a cruel joke? Sent Gordy an email, I am up near Edinburgh for the holidays with bike and lights, would love to be shown some stuff in the Pentlands, only been walking there before.

I am sure someone will be out and show you around. Post up a day or two before?

AntM – Member

doesn't look like I'll be able to make it

Thats not good puffer training 😈

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Kit – Member

Going up Poet's is hard work (for me). Rocky, rooty and the last third is a killer

I must be getting fitter – I was surprised how easy it was when I did it as a climb for the first time recently

Gordy
    Free Member

> doesn't look like I'll be able to make it

Scunner. Better luck next time.

phatstanley
    Free Member

me n' a mate went up this morning about 10-ish…was fine going up the poet's glen w/ the just-wet-enough snow providing traction….but soon after, on the road before the first gate, things got muy sloggy….a layer of slush under the fresh snow (and a time limit on our adventure) meant we turned around.
    good fun, nonetheless.
    once a few feet/tyres have laid down a path, though, it'll be sweet, i rekkin…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So – anyone want to go out this weds? 29th 6.30 pm on the aqueduct. or as arranged to suit – aiming for harlaw ranger station and on from there

I won't be around until tomorrow evening – e mail me jeremyDOTpascoeATbtinternetDOT com

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘So, did a regular Pentlands evening ride emerge from that one the other week?’ is closed to new replies.