Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • So a cover letter for charity work.
  • ianpinder
    Free Member

Right so I do need to write a cover letter for some charity work, places are quite scarce so it needs to be a good un.

Its working for a charity called humanity first going to third world countries and constructing safe water supplies for villages.

What should I put in the cover letter?

ianpinder
    Free Member

Any ideas guys

Spongebob
    Free Member

Why don't you find a UK charity? Don't we have enough problems here?

jon1973
    Free Member

Why don't you find a UK charity? Don't we have enough problems here?

Not compared to third would counties with no clean water.

Why did you bother posting that pointless comment? 🙄 some people.

MrAgreeable

Put in any relevant experience you have, then finish it off with a big spiel about how enthusiastic and motivated you are. Who are you doing it with, is it an Engineers Without Borders thing?

ianpinder
    Free Member

It's not engineers without boarders, it's for water for life. EWB is good, however you need to do longer placements. The good thing about water for life you do two 2week trips a year, once for design perpouses, surveys and stuff like that, then you come back to england design and fund it, then you go back for the second 2 week trip to build it. So I can carry on working whilst I do it.

BigJohn

Make sure you enable the spell, grammar and incoherence checkers.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I never trust myself with spelling and grammer, well, anything to do with english what so ever, I always get it checked.

MrAgreeable

Bit late this, but the Mrs does some stuff with Engineers Without Borders, and says that you should show some awareness of the cultural issues you might be facing. For example, in some places the men like to be in charge of making the decisions, but the women will do the actual work. It might also help to mention how your designs could take into account other infrastructure like electricity or waste management. Good luck!

vegetablevn
    Free Member

Hi,

I do not agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards

druidh
    Free Member

Why fly people back and forward from the UK? Surely better to have the locals develop the skills themselves (mibbe send someone to train them)?

tootallpaul

druidh- thats more like the VSO principle…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘So a cover letter for charity work.’ is closed to new replies.