Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • So build that wall and build it strong… (one for the gamers)
  • Northwind

Proper story’s supposed to start at the beginning… Ain’t so simple with this one. I know i’m about 3 years behind here, but I just finished Bastion and zamofaguh, it is brilliant. Well OK, the gameplay reminds me of Lucky Dime Caper on the master system but it’s only there for the story, and the narration, and the worldbuilding, and the music, so that’s a bit like critising the label on a DVD. I fell in love when the Narrator said “Kid just rages for a while” and it didn’t really stop til <spoilers>. Not a fan of alternate endings but luckily, there’s really only one you’ll do if you have a soul…

Anyway, if you also missed Bastion when it came out it is £2.74 on Steam and you should buy it. And don’t skim it, poke around. It’s got a couple of moments that are as good as anything I’ve ever played. Not going to play it through again but I feel totally bereft now it’s over 😆

hatter

Yup, Bastion was a beautifully crafted story hidden under a very simple. Cartoon exterior, shame the follow up Transistor just didn’t quite have the story and game mechanics to match its stunning art design. Felt like it was trying too hard to be clever.

Creg

Got this today after reading this thread.

Thoroughly enjoying it so far. Got Transistor too so hoping to give that a whirl too (although I do now have even more games to finish now, or in some cases actually start)

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA – I do like a cheap game. Though whilst the requirements are pretty low, is it likely to work with an integrated Intel HD3000 GPU with shared memory?

leffeboy

dislike. I’m resisting at the moment but it may not be much longer. The game looks lovely

swamptin
    Free Member

Welp… that’s my Steam spending for the winter sale taken up over €55… I’ll play them all eventually, I promise I will. 😈

Northwind

@aracer- no idea I’m afraid, the graphics are basic enough that it should probably run on a steam boiler. But, you can get a refund on any steam game you’ve played for less than 2 hours so you could always download it and try

racefaceec90

thanks for the heads up northwind 😀

haven’t heard of the game before i have to admit,but it does look lovely.

damn it,am going to be eating cous cous for the next fortnight,as i’m hoping to buy an xbox one on thursday. damn you gaming,DAMN YOU TO HELL! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘So build that wall and build it strong… (one for the gamers)’ is closed to new replies.