Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • So British oil does not solely belong to Scotland if a yes vote happened…
  • duckman

Reels in the Troll…

So since he is clearly lying now, do we also dismiss everything he says in the same way that you would like to dismiss McCrone

Err,yes…It is two posts above,read it again, esp the bit where I mention more pro’s than cons…But if that is me dismissing everything in it,then carry on.However it is 40 years old,and was buried by the UK government for most of the time since it was produced,so I have no idea of why YOU keep linking it,especially bearing in mind both the deliberate burying of it(at his suggestion) and the bile you spout about anything coming from the other side being lies.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I may grow a very long beard while I wait for Ernie to accept there was a deliberate attempt to misinform potential voters,based on McCrone’s own advice when the pros outweighed the cons for indy.

According to gordimhor’s link the McCrone report was classified as ‘secret’ and never released, so I fail to understand there could have been “a deliberate attempt to misinform potential voters based on McCrone’s own advice”. Are you always that sloppy with the facts duckman ?

I have not made any comments concerning the rights and wrongs of the the McCrone report, although it obviously would make sense not to provide the nationalists with ammunition, after all would you expect the nationalists to willingly provide ammunition to the unionists ? ….go on, make me laugh and claim that they would 🙂 my only comment was based on the my belief that it would imo be unlikely that any government would knowingly underestimate oil reserves as it would have a significant impact on their energy policy, investment, etc.

And I haven’t up ’til now seen any evidence that they did indeed knowingly underestimated oil reserves. I have no idea how this affects the length of your beard.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Nice edit BTW! Please stop misrepresenting – I know it’s hard, but at least try.

I link to his book (last year) not the report (70s). Why? Because it’s pretty good. Judging from a lot of the rot spouted about independence (on all sides) more people, should read his book. It’s you guys that bang on about the report. Actually the original report was not bad either especially when you read what he actually said. I am sure you have done both….?

Cheeky barsteward is a new term of endearment then 😉

Northwind

ernie_lynch – Member

According to gordimhor’s link the McCrone report was classified as ‘secret’ and never released, so I fail to understand there could have been “a deliberate attempt to misinform potential voters based on McCrone’s own advice”. Are you always that sloppy with the facts duckman ?

Er… Right, first, gordimhor’s actually link tells you exactly how and why the report was released.

Second, the government classified it as secret, that doesn’t mean they didn’t have access to it. 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

😆

According to “gordimhor’s link” the report was never released at the time when it would have had an impact, it was kept secret, so I fail to understand how it could have been used in a deliberate attempt to misinform potential voters. It was eventually released under the 30 year rule.

Besides, as I have already mentioned I have not made any comments concerning the rights and wrongs of the the McCrone report. My only comment was based on oil reserve estimates. So I don’t know why duckman is worried about the length of his beard. Which btw I assume is ginger.

duckman

Rather than bother paraphrasing your petty jibe involving reading Ernie….

Er… Right, first, gordimhor’s actually link tells you exactly how and why the report was released.

Second, the government classified it as secret, that doesn’t mean they didn’t have access to it.

Which I assume is ginger…RACIST!

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘So British oil does not solely belong to Scotland if a yes vote happened…’ is closed to new replies.