Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • So, Bontrager 24/12. Who's in ?
  • GaryLake
    Free Member

The rain's back! 😮

hamishthecat
    Free Member

12hr mixed team – Emptybeers/Juicelubes.

Keep saying we need to do the 24hr race, and then at the end of the 12 we always say thank God we didn't… I know, MTFU!

scottishbadger
    Free Member
    GaryLake
    Free Member

Ooooofff… going to be a loooong 24-hours…

Hareydan
    Free Member

I'm in! First time for me, doing 12hrs in a team of 4, can't wait! All in all we've got about 14 people plus "fans" in 4 teams. My tyres look worryingly summery…

spooky_b329
    bigsi
    Free Member

Yay i loved the singletrack decent between the 1st fireroad climb and the road climb on the 2008 course, glad to see it will be back in and the the Clif Climb is missed out.

Can't wait to ride the Cottage Decent again, loved every minute of that. I think its one of the best bits of singletrack that I've ridden in a race.

Can't wait 😛

carlphillips
    Free Member

2hr solo this year for me, my 1st in this cat and feeling more than a little unfit for it but slow and steady should see me through to beer o'clock at midnight.
    will be on very summery spesh fastracks cos i can't get to(read am too lazy to) a shop to purchase anything else.
    will be once again bunking down with the trail snails julian wilson sopnging machine vings etc etc
    will be there for primo tent placement early on thurs eve and back down for friday broBQ…pray for sun

julianwilson
    Free Member

primo tent placement

…he likes his tent anywhere near a bush or tree so he can wander out for a wee in the night. Or even the day.

Moda
    Free Member

Been looking forward to this for a while. Training gone reasonably to plan, just hoping i dont flag mid race on the 12 hr solo like i did at D2D. Shame they cut out the Clif Bar climb as was looking forward to a nice hilly lap.

njee20
    Free Member

Which was the Clif climb, was that the steep gravelly one? I didn't mind that, even on the 13th time!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

The Clif climb sucks. Good riddance. Personally, I'd love to see everything exactly as it was in 2008. Perfect course with something for everybody.

Weather down this way seems to be improving and is forecast to be dry from Friday.

njee20
    Free Member

Need to have a few climbs in to stretch the legs! Preferred the Clif climb to that slog up the tarmac and across the grass that seemed to go on for about 4 days.

bigsi
    Free Member

Well the tarmac climb is still in it apparantly along with the fireroad climb that was on the 2008 course. Can't wait to see the course on Friday 😛

julianwilson
    Free Member

raining again in plympton this morning 🙁

stumpy01

Yeah – I quite liked the Clif climb…..although agree the road climb & subsequent stony track was a slog…..

Not as fit this year (by a long way) so any reduction in hilly bits is welcome!!

njee20
    Free Member

Raining here now too, so I don't feel quite so bad about leaving dusty trails behind to slog around in the mud! Looks like it'll improve later and stay dry.

I'm fitter, and sharing the riding with Scottish Badger this year, so it should be a walk in the park!

stumpy01

so it should be a walk in the park!

Are you not taking your bike…………? 😀

Boom-tish. Sorry, I'll go now……

bigsi
    Free Member

Anyone want a spot on a 24 hour team of 5? One of our guys has had to drop out last minute.

Were not in it to win it but just to have a bit of a laugh and enjoy the weekend. Cake eating and coffee drinking are mandatory but other than that we're quite open minded !!!!

xc-steve
    Free Member

Plymouth trails are soaking but holding up ok thus far, went riding this morning and didn't encounter any muddy boggy bits but can imagine this would change a little bit if this rain holds up (plus 24hours of cyclists).

Scamper
    Free Member

Legs Akimbo Racing. Last year did the 24hr pairs, this year the team, but down to three riders.

Looks like a slightly less strenuous course compared to last year? Team member from Plymouth moaning about the weather, but can't see the course being that bad. Last year's was fine after a poor summer.

GaryLake
    Free Member

So much packing to do… Not even almost ready.

stylish
    Free Member

bag packed car loaded, just got to pick up another rider in the morning, cant wait for my first 24/12, went for it as a team of 5 in the 24 hour race…..

must be having some form of mid life crisis……………..

bigsi
    Free Member

Up and ready to roll. Just waiting for my lift to arrive. Should be there by early afternoon.

See ya all there 😛

slugwash
    Free Member

Getting all packed up and ready now to roll down to Plymouth after work. Riding the 12 hour event in a 75% SS – 25% geared, Star Wars themed team with other STWers (don't ask me why, not my idea). Our little collection of teams should be pitched up in a big marquee with a big bell tent and a big LWB Renault van nearby. Drop by for a chat and a drink if you're around. See yer later 🙂

stumpy01

Bike packed – snacky food purchased – fingers crossed for dry weather.

Got to endure a day at work before driving down later on, while the rest of my team have got enough holiday to drive down today. Won't be getting the time to get a practice lap in, but know the general course pretty well.

Just had a text from a team mate – he's just arrived….git!

sharki
    Free Member

See you laters in the marquee Slugwash.

I arrived in Poole today and am waiting for a 4hr bus to exeter.

If anyone from poole area is going i'd love a lift but as i've no phone i won't properly ask…

A 4 month 630+ walk is now completed and i find myself heading off to potentially ride a bike for 6 or so hrs…WHY???

glenncampbell

I'm now having to work this weekend so am sadly out of this 🙁

If anyone wants a solo place PM in profile . . . . . . .

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘So, Bontrager 24/12. Who's in ?’ is closed to new replies.