Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • So babybgoode needs shodding – dadsnet content
  • dannybgoode

So, the time has come – babybgoode needs some shoes. I am more than happy to have him properly fitted up and everything but have heard rumours of Clarkes and the like cost £30 a pair and needing upsizing every few weeks.

If that’s what it takes for him to be properly shod that’s fine but if anyone has any tips or tricks to be cost effective that would be very much appreciated.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you will think it is the most important thing in the world and pay clarks prices initially. After a few years you will realise how short a time they last, how they treat them and think about the fact that wearing crap shoes and hand me downs never did you or your feet any harm and start buying cheap stuff [ unless money is no object ]

In short it does not matter it is just a pair of shoes so buy some at a price you can afford

Danny B 😉

FWIW it never bothered me but i never so the point in signing either

aa
    Free Member

we use clarks for ours. Have found them helpful on almost every occasion.
    They do seem to be good quality shoes and ours dont grow out of them too fast.
    The fitting can only be a good thing imo.

yossarian
    Free Member

As per junkyard’s comments really. Don’t bother buying loads of pairs either. Clarks are good, Skechers are better IMO. Secondhand off eBay is good option.

compositepro
    Free Member

In our local friendly shopping centre (meadowhall) you can buy clarks upstairs for 30 quid
    or go

d
    o
    w
    n

stairs where they sell the same clarks shoes for 8-12 quid at their other factory outlet kiddywinks or something like that

dannybgoode

Thanks all

Expert in carbon – Meadowhell is unfortunately our local haunt also so will check that out.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Clarks? How common, only Startrite for my little darlings 🙂

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Clarks or startrite, whichever is on sale at the time

Sui
    Free Member

Ecco shoes are good, but stupid expensive.. our two have just got a pair of sandals each as both Clarke’s and start right were cutting in…. grrrr, if it were my decision they’d be in plimsoles.

akak
    Free Member

You can buy the clarks measuring thing for £6 then get the shoes from the clarks website freepost. It’s the leather ones that are expensive, the canvas ones are cheaper.

bearnecessities

Please bring back the signature 🙁

neilco
    Free Member

We live in Denmark, home of Ecco. At 2.5, Josephine has probably had six or seven pairs of Ecco at £50 each, plus she’s also had two or three pairs at a tenth of that price. For us quality was important as they were young and starting to walk, so you want them to form properly, but as they got older, less so. She’s tended to wear them out at the same pace as out-growing them so that’s not such an issue.

Like all things baby-related, do or provide the best that YOU can, no more and no less.

dannybgoode

@akak – genius, thank you. Foot measuring thingy ordered. Will then scour the world for the cheapest shoes I can find!

Cheers

Danny B

neilco
    Free Member

…and oh yeah, I miss the signature too. Don’t change.

Cheers

Neil

bearnecessities

Cheers

Danny B

😀 Yay 😀

bigG
    Free Member

If you want to talk expensive kids shoes look at lelly kelly,,,, my mrs seems to think its ok to buy them in multiple pairs, I could’ve had about six new pairs of SIDIs for less!

Drac

Pretty much Clarks all the time for our kids the youngest school shoes after about 6 months started to come away one the threads at the back. The wife took them to the local shop and they couldn’t apologise enough and replaced them and because she was near the next size when they checked replaced it for the next size up.

So for their main shoes get good ones for their raking about ones then pretty much any one will do.

spacemonkey

Monkey junior’s shoes last 4-6 months minimum. He tends to have 2 really smart/grippy/durable pairs and a couple of other runarounds, that way we interchange according to what he’s doing. Crocs do some awesome shoes with the extra grippy/sporty looking sole/tread – look smart and are super durable n washable.

crankboy
    Free Member

First shoes propperly fitted at posh shop . Next shoes decent quality off eBay using the size and fitting established by posh shop . Then we bought the measuring device . In terms of foot formation and brain development bare feet when ever possible is supposed to be best.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘So babybgoode needs shodding – dadsnet content’ is closed to new replies.