Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 493 total)
  • So an On One Codiene just fell onto my doormat…
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Looking forward to reading some reviews – I guess all will be positive to start with rather than “bllx, I just bought a lemon”, but a few months in should be really interesting. Looks great on paper and I am tempted if I could overcome all the OO hate in here!?!? Still puts me off.

I see the whippet has returned. Shame about the little wheels, otherwise I would be tempted by that too!

Hope it’s a good ride for all the new adopters!

iamroughrider
    Free Member
    fr0sty125
    Free Member

It looks absolutely ace RR looking forward to seeing it at the weekend 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Love the s berm followed by the jump in that vid. Oh to be able to ride like that!

plus-one

Nice work Mr Royce 🙂

Nice contrast with backdrop look forward to review 😉

brant
    Free Member

Excited to see how this progresses.

rollsroyce
    Free Member

All built up and ready for grizedale enduro this weekend. Was a bitch to helitape and decided on a fairly unsatisfactory job just so I could get it rideable. Will redo at some point. The paint finish is great, lovely pearl white. I had a whyte t129s and the codeine is MUCH stiffer, weighs about the same and loads of rear tyre clearance too. Completely different animal to the whyte so will take a little to adjust but boy is it plush. Feels really solid.

With the shock came a set up sheet for the Titus El guapo 29er, is this applicable to the codeine Brant? If not can you get a rough guide for me? I’m away till Sunday so don’t really have time to have a good set up session as the shock instructions recommend.

Northwind

Blue ones plz

brant
    Free Member

The CCDBs were originally bought for the El Guapo 29s but the rate change is pretty similar though it’s a bit of a flatter rate curve.
    I will try to get some team settings for different weight/height riders.

Glad we are making you smile in stiffness and clearance areas so far. Both a key thing for us.

Just to expand… CCDBs aren’t tuned for a frame as they have huge internal high and low speed compression adjustment and only dial settings are tweaked, not internal valving.

rollsroyce
    Free Member

Thanks for that Brant. I understand the basics of the ccdb, just about to get a cheeky ride in this am to have a test.

Must say though that the frame looks even better in the metal than in the pictures.

Rorschach
    Free Member

When will there be spare hangers to buy Mr R?

brant
    Free Member

Ill check about hangers. I know they were ordered!

frood
    Free Member

Brant,
    Are you still expecting large to be built today? Not heard about my preorder yet?

Cheers,

Felix

Rorschach
    Free Member

Rode mine for the first time on saturday evening.I fell off.It must be crap.
    It’s heavy and it’s short.I like it.

J273
    Free Member

Any pics of a built blue frame out yet?

plus-one

I got confirmation email last week saying mine was being built today(medium blue) 🙂

brant
    Free Member
    Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ll go take a photo.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Usual “I’d like it slacker(not really),lower(yep),longer(about 20mm reach),lighter (totes obvs)” bollix.
    CCDB 140psi(80kg) hsc 1 turn,lsc 10 clicks,hsr 2 turns,lsr 18 clicks

gamerriley
    Free Member

Great result for Team Codeine at SCDH, Freddie 3rd and Rachael 4th 😀

akira

What size is that? Ant pics of smaller ones kicking around.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Large

letmetalktomark

I have nowhere to ride that would even begin to warrant such a bike but I find myself really wanting one …. in blue. 8)

marko75
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member
    Large

how tall are you?

J273
    Free Member

Whats the weight of it Rorschach?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″.I’d like it a wee bit longer,less for my reach.More so I could use a 35mm stem and get a longer front centre.
    It weighs the same as a small moon (actually,that’s no moon).I’m surprised the photo came out as it creates it’s own singularity and light can’t escape*.
    ( *I’ve been told it’s not that heavy but seeing as my next heaviest bike weighs 23lbs I’m of the opinion it dents concrete……not that it matters).

AlexSimon

Have you drilled for a stealth Rorschach? Or am I seeing something else.

plus-one

I thought I’d maybe made a bad choice in opting for black fork(blue frame) instead of white.. Phew I made the right choice 😀

frood
    Free Member

Looks great!

macias
    Free Member

@Rorschach
    Looks good, hope it rides even better. Looking at the seat position you must have looong legs.

Since my local workshops are busy until more or less end of summer I will be fitting headsets (On-One) on my own, with my self-made tools (press). For those who did it – are there any hints for that process in Codeine? Is it piece of codeine or is there anything I should be more careful?

plus-one

I bought the ebay headset press(length of threaded rod/big metal washers/large nylon washers) £5 ..

Pressed few sets of headset cups in no issues 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

My legs go all the way to the ground.98cm pedal axle to top of seat,about 60mm bar drop ( flat bar,slammed). I already had a reverb stealth so drilled it as it came out the box. The seat tube is about 2ft thick,what’s the worst that could happen?
    Headset went in fine.Driveside bob threads were bobbins so had to retap them when facing the shell. Alignment was ok,about 2mm out at the linkage on full compression and a couple of mm out at the chain stays.Full compliment bearing ( which is nice).devoid of grease (which was not). Knocked them all out and refitted full o’grease.
    If it was £2k I might actually be bothered. But it was’nt and I’m not.

sq225917
    Free Member

Black n blue

Northwind

That’s good how they’ve made it match your ikea bag

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

sq225917, I take it that’s a Medium? Looks nice…! How tall are you and how do you find the fit?

sq225917
    Free Member

Tis a medium, but not my bike. I’m a small on the Codeine, 5’9 with 32″ inside leg.

plus-one

My bike arrived(after I left for work) the missus tells me the box looks a bit worse for wear 🙁

Has tape saying packaged by yodel 😥

Not home till wee hrs to inspect ..

gamerriley
    Free Member

Got mine about 18:30 this evening. Not had chance to ride yet, hopefully tomorrow. She does look awesome though, very pleased so far. Thanks Brant 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

Who’s ‘she’?

plus-one

^ smurfette ^ 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘So an On One Codiene just fell onto my doormat…’ is closed to new replies.