Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 493 total)
  • So an On One Codiene just fell onto my doormat…
  • frood
    Free Member

Edit: Problem gone… pre-order in 🙂

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Any opportunities coming up to check this bike out Brant?

Cammer
    Free Member

Nice looking spec for the money. How would the large frame size up for someone 6ft 4? The horizontal top tube and reach figures look reasonable and similar to other brands’ xl frames. The website says size large recommended for riders upto 6ft 2.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flybywire
    Free Member

any chance of a raw finish like the scandal ?

brant
    Free Member

Nice looking spec for the money. How would the large frame size up for someone 6ft 4? The horizontal top tube and reach figures look reasonable and similar to other brands’ xl frames. The website says size large recommended for riders upto 6ft 2.

If you can get leg extension with a 20in seat tube, you’re good to go.
    I’d have said it’ll be great.

any chance of a raw finish like the scandal ?

Colours are blue or white. Both with Orange decals.

Northwind

Obviously I’m an on one h8er but… **** me that’s incredible value. And a lovely blue too. Came for the white, stayed for the blue.

Is the frame not stealth/internal dropper post compatible? Can’t see any facility for it…

plus-one

Brant

Will the Edinburgh store be getting one to get touchy/feely with ?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Nice riding in the video. Looks to be a good deal for the bike too 🙂

brant
    Free Member

Is the frame not stealth/internal dropper post compatible? Can’t see any facility for it…

No. I wasn’t happy with what it was doing to the fatigue test results on the seat tube and didn’t want to hold things up longer until I fixed it.

Northwind

Fair enough that. SO I take it you can extend that to “don’t drill a hole in it”!

bigjim

good vid! Needs to be an stw version with wobbly mincing on a smooth trail centre red, then complaining about the tyres not being up to the job on here.

brant
    Free Member

Fair enough that. SO I take it you can extend that to “don’t drill a hole in it”!

If you read my comments over the last few months, you will have noticed this theme.

brant
    Free Member

good vid! Needs to be an stw version with wobbly mincing on a smooth trail centre red, then complaining about the tyres not being up to the job on here.

This did make me giggle this morning.

https://twitter.com/jonrstanley/status/451690182949863426

docrobster
    Free Member

Any opportunities coming up to check this bike out Brant?

Met a chap riding one across houndkirk a couple of weeks ago. On one staffer. Bike looked very nice.
    Unbelievable spec for the £

mikezer0
    Free Member

As if the barman is wearing an Iron Monkey teeshirt! That stoked me out as much as the riding. Good shit.

1981miked
    Free Member

That videos is ace, riding looks really good.. I’m off to check out the geometry and justify a new bike.

This is ticking many boxes for my next bike.. If I can just save up another £700 between now and May, I’ll have a small blue one with white forks.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

On One branding is shockingly bad. Just because they represent value for money is no excuse to have branding on a par with Tescos Value.

The name “on one” conjures up images of 1990s pilled up ravers.

bigjim

sure I read in mbuk once that was why? funny how brand is more important than the actual bike these days.

Mackem

..any chance of a 26″ version. I really dont want to ditch my wheels, I’ve just gone tubeless.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m not necessarily a fan of big wheels but I wouldn’t say no to a test ride. This is an absolute bargain for the kit you’re getting and deserves to do well.

PJM1974
    Free Member

And the problem with that is?

VanHalen

26er +1

If the 29er is fun a 26er will be funner.

brant
    Free Member

chipsngravy – Member
    On One branding is shockingly bad. Just because they represent value for money is no excuse to have branding on a par with Tescos Value.
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Indeed

Named after OnOne SweetOne Promotions who did the party for my 21st at the Rivelin Valley campsite in August 1991. Then started a component company, then a bike company in 1999.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Boughted one (blue lg) and a reverb stealth (and drill bit).What’s the worst that could happen?

Jamie
    Free Member

If all the staff are off their tits on MDMA, that may explain the alleged customer service woes.

JCL
    Free Member

Those brakes are amazing. They piss on XT’s.

Bike looks pretty good too.

donncha

Video seemed to target 16 yr olds.
    First minute was embarrassing.

JCL
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like a big wheeler in that vid and that’s a good thing. Great riding too.

Funny what happens when you put someone who can ride on a 29″ eh?

docrobster
    Free Member

Named after OnOne SweetOne Promotions who did the party for my 21st at the Rivelin Valley campsite in August 1991. Then started a component company, then a bike company in 1999.

My wife thinks she was at this party. Or possibly it was a nemba race around the same time. Campsite off lodge lane? She was seeing a bloke called Darren who worked at freewheel on west st at the time.
    Allegedly

h4muf
    Free Member

First bit of the vid reminds me of smack my bitch up!

Makes me wanna ride NOW!

brant
    Free Member

My wife thinks she was at this party. Or possibly it was a nemba race around the same time. Campsite off lodge lane? She was seeing a bloke called Darren who worked at freewheel on west st at the time.
    Allegedly

That’s the one.

lcj

Can anyone with more technological skill than me post up the picture of the blue one please? Cant work instagram on my aged work computer

Ta!

Kryton57

JCL – Member
    Doesn’t look like a big wheeler in that vid and that’s a good thing. Great riding too.
    Funny what happens when you put someone who can ride on a 29″ eh?

Really? My body language skills saw a guy getting tired of hefting all that weight around yet knowing he has to flick the back wheel for the promo. Didn’t “flow” as nicely as some vids I’ve seen.

Which is no comment on the bike, just my observation of the vid.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Some classic STW statements on here 😆

timmys

Can anyone with more technological skill than me post up the picture of the blue one please?

lcj

Thanking you!

That has just increased the chances of me becoming £800 poorer somewhat. Much nicer than the white.

chum3
    Free Member

Sorry if this has been answered before – is the Codiene the eventual replacement for the El Guapo 26er, or is it instead of the El Guapo 29er?

Or is this a pure addition to the line up?

brant
    Free Member

Sorry if this has been answered before – is the Codiene the eventual replacement for the El Guapo 26er, or is it instead of the El Guapo 29er?

Or is this a pure addition to the line up?

The El Guapo is a Titus model – Titus is being redeveloped for us by former Marin Mountainbikes designer Jason Faircloth. He’s working on some new models for us for launch late this year/early next. El Guapo 29 is landing shortly.

Codeine is an On-One bike, designed as such.

There are no plans for a Planet X, Viner or Holdsworth full suspension bike.

packer
    Free Member

Colours are blue or white. Both with Orange decals.

Are the decals underneath lacquer/clearcoat ?

molgrips
    Free Member

I was getting really depressed at reading about nice frames then finding out they were almost £3k for the frame alone – thinking I would perhaps never be able to afford anythign decent again.

Then I saw this on the STW page yesterday, £800 frame only.

Cheers Brant 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘So an On One Codiene just fell onto my doormat…’ is closed to new replies.