Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 493 total)
  • So an On One Codiene just fell onto my doormat…
  • Shandy
    Free Member

Bang to rights. It a shame we don’t have class actions in the UK.

gamerriley
    Free Member

Brant also needs to apologize to every website that has previewed their bike and stated X01 groupset which made everybody think that meant crankset too. What components actually make up the groupset then?

plus-one

[Plus one, how was your first spin? Really tempted by this bike]

Just in from a 2hr blast and can honestly say I’ve never grinned as much on a bike ever !!! It climbs really really well and despite the heft once rolling it was not an issue(it’s clearly not an xc bike) had those 🙂

For it’s intended purpose it is simply stunning and very playful…

After today’s ride I really couldn’t give a monkeys on the XO/1 crank debate … It’s clearly X1 on website and Brant I feel being ever helpful and trying to appease everyone made a slight error listing spec.. Big deal !!!

It’s a killer bike at a killer price and runs rings round competition for value..

Cheers Brant/On One you’ve made my year 😀

variflex
    Free Member

^ Glad its made you smile, it does look cracking

For those getting wound up by X1 vs XO1 debate, its Friday take a pill..preferably a Codiene….:)

honourablegeorge

\if I’d ordered nased on the spec provided, had asked if the crank was X01, and had that confirmed – then I’d be expecting an X01 crank.

Rorschach
    Free Member

But you did’nt you won’t 🙄

gamerriley
    Free Member

I don’t want people to think i’m getting wound up about this, i love this bike and have been a fan of on one for many years. I’ve only ridden it once and it put a huge smile on my face. It’s also the first bike I’ve owned with wagon wheels and a component spec like this, so all this X1, X01 and XX1 is all new to me. I’m sure if people knew what they were getting they would still have purchased this bike, it’s a great spec for the money. I don’t want to give my bike back, as I can see people saying that, “if you’re not happy send it back for a refund….blah,blah,blah”
    No…I’m very happy with it, love it in fact, and still love on one. But when it comes down to it on one are a business, and being in business myself we all need to make and save money wherever possible. What I don’t like though, and this is not just on one, is when businesses or companies try to deceive, misrepresent, delude,… call it what you will, you into believing something that you will not get. Most people would have heard of The Sales of Goods Act, it is there to protect everybody who enters into a contract with a trader. The main points of this act to note are that:
    1. The items must be of satisfactory quality.
    2. Do as they are intended or designed.
    3. (most important) Be as described, matching any pictures or descriptions of them.
    4. Be safe.

So number 3, as described and matching pictures. Well clearly the picture is of an X0 crank, not X1. and the description in the bullet points states “SRAM X01 1×11 transmission” In the detail the description is as follows “A flagship frame like this needs a partner in crime, and we’re not settling for anything less than SRAM X01 1×11 transmission”

Again I want to make perfectly clear that I love the bike and would have purchased it anyway. But when you’ve been shown and read what you could have had, deep down it makes you feel a little short changed. Being in business i’m constantly telling myself that the customer is always right and that customer is king. Spending a little here could have huge returns in customers later. I’m sure that Brant and the guys at on one will look into this and do the right thing, not just for on one but for their loyal customer base who purchase their bikes without even seeing one. For now the ball is in their court.

Shandy
    Free Member

So what did it say on the website when you ordered the bike from the website?

gamerriley
    Free Member

So what did it say on the website when you ordered the bike from the website?

It said what I’ve written, and when I got my order confirmation on the 4th April it never mentioned any crank set. So with that in mind wouldn’t you think you were getting what is pictured and described as an SRAM X01 transmission?

gamerriley
    Free Member

Original order emailed from on one, no mention of X1 crank or X01 Crank…Shit I shouldn’t even have a crank…winner!!

Stock Code Item Qty
    CBOOCODX01 On-One Codeine 29 Sram X01 Mountain Bike 1

HSOOSPACER-118-BLK On-One Spacer Set 20+15+10+5 / 1 1/8 inch / Black 1

SCOOFOR-349 On-One 6061T6 Forged Alloy Seatclamp Bolt Up / 34.9 mm 1

BSAVOLIVE-1 Avid Compression Hose Fitting / Single 2

BSAVBARB-1 Avid Threaded Barb / Single 2

BSAVOEMHS1-160-6B Avid HS1 Rotor / 160mm / 6 Bolt 1

BSAVOEMHS1-180-6B Avid HS1 Rotor / 180mm / 6 Bolt 1

HSOOSMCROW On-One Smoothie Mixer Stainless Steel Crown Race For 1.5 inch Steerer 1
    BRAVOEMXO-FR-900-20PTP-BLK Avid X0 Trail Brakes Front 900mm 20 Post To Post Black BIKE BUILD [CBOOCODX01] 1
    BRAVOEMXO-RE-1800-20PIS-BLK Avid X0 Trail Brakes Rear 1800mm 20 Post To IS Black BIKE BUILD [CBOOCODX01] 1
    CASROEMX01-11-1042 SRAM X01 Cassette 11 Speed 10-42T BIKE BUILD [CBOOCODX01] 1
    CHSROEMXX-118 SRAM XX1 11 Speed Chain 118 Links BIKE BUILD [CBOOCODX01] 1
    FORSPI13R314-TAP-2915-BLK-CRN Rockshox Pike RCT3 140mm Solo Air Tapered 29 Inch with 15mm Axle Black Crown Adjust BIKE BUILD [CBOOCODX01] 1
    RSCCDBAIR-BLK-190-50-220-224×8 Cane Creek Double Barrel Air Rear Shock For El Guapo 29er / Black / 190mm / 50mm / 22.0mm Front 22.4mm Rear x 8mm 1
    BTOOFLOG-BLK On-One Half Bob Lock-On Foam Grips Black BIKE BUILD [CBOOCODX01] 1
    HBELGUANB-760-BLK-318 El Guapo Ancho B Handlebar 760mm Black 31.8mm Clamp BIKE BUILD [CBOOCODX01] 1
    BUPEDALS No Pedals Thanks BIKE BUILD [CBOOCODX01] 1
    RMSROEMX01-11-BLK SRAM X01 Rear Mech 11 Speed Black BIKE BUILD [CBOOCODX01] 1
    SAPXSPU-CRM-BGR Planet X Sportive Ultra Saddle CroMo Rail Black and Grey BIKE BUILD [CBOOCODX01] 1
    GLSROEMX0-11-RH-BLK SRAM X0 Trigger Shifter 11 Speed Right Hand Black BIKE BUILD [CBOOCODX01] 1
    STOOCNC-80-BLK-318 On-One Ultralight CNC Stem 80 mm Black 31.8 mm Clamp BIKE BUILD [CBOOCODX01] 1
    TYOOCM29X24-END-FOL-SIN-BLK On-One Chunky Monkey 29×2.4 Tyre Enduro Folding Bead Single 50a Black BIKE BUILD [CBOOCODX01] 1
    TYOOSM29X225-TRE-FOL-DUO-BLK On-One Smorgasbord 29×2.25 Tyre Trail Extreme Folding Bead Dual 6042a Black BIKE BUILD [CBOOCODX01] 1

iolo
    Free Member

Say BMW were to produce a new car. There’s a big media campaign showing a v12 engine. It would say price from £70,000. You ask them to confirm this price and spec. The lead design engineer does this so you place your order.
    A car with a V10 turns up as they’ve changed the spec since your order and they’re not going to do anything about it.
    Would some of you guys still be so defensive of BMW ?

andytherocketeer

BMW has a ticky box for the engine choice.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

A different engine materially affects what the car is. I could understand the furore if it was a different rear shock or forks – something that would significantly affect how the bike rides – but a slightly downgraded chainset? Boo freakin’ hoo.

“Oh woe is me, my two and a half thousand pound bicycle comes with a slightly lower specification part than I had anticipated, that in no way whatsoever affects its use.”

First world problems, eh..? The Codeine is already a bargain for the spec, forget about it and just ride it! 😉

njee20
    Free Member

A different engine materially affects what the car is. I could understand the furore if it was a different rear shock or forks – something that would significantly affect how the bike rides – but a slightly downgraded chainset? Boo freakin’ hoo.

“Oh woe is me, my two and a half thousand pound bicycle comes with a slightly lower specification part than I had anticipated, that in no way whatsoever affects its use.”

How about leather seats for the car analogy then? Doesn’t materially affect anything, just a bit nicer. You’re told it has leather seats, it shows leather seats. You get cloth.

It’s fairly immaterial, as the only people who find it poor form are those who’ve not bought the bike, but it kinda epitomises On One’s customer service for me!

gamerriley
    Free Member

Never got a phone call back from on one. Make of that as you will.

sq225917
    Free Member

‘kinda epitomises On One’s customer service’

Really? you must know a different Brant to everyone who frequents these boards then. He bends over backwards to ensure everyone is happy.

iolo
    Free Member

Brant is trying his best to help but why should he? He designs bikes FFS.

Northwind

<edit- deleted, came across shitier than it was meant>

gamerriley
    Free Member

Has anyone gone tubeless? Just done mine and my cassette and xd body fell of the hub. Tried to undo the cassette but it’s just spinning on the xd body. Looks like another phone call.

plus-one

Yes I went tubeless .. Impressed how easy they were to set up 🙂

Cassette/hub all fine ..

njee20
    Free Member

Brant is trying his best to help but why should he? He designs bikes FFS.

1) I don’t hold brant responsible, he designs bikes, although he speaks as the authority of the company here
    2) how’s he trying to help? His response was very laissez faire, and his comeback when pointed out he himself clarified the spec was to repost the same message. He doesn’t have to do anything, and he’s not.

Really? you must know a different Brant to everyone who frequents these boards then. He bends over backwards to ensure everyone is happy.

He does periodically appease some disgruntled customers yes. Sometimes in an impressive manner. There are plenty of threads with folk needing appeasing. It’s no secret that their general customer service attitude isn’t exactly exemplary.

Anywho, this is dangerously close to becoming an OO/PX slanging match, and I’m not interested in that. OO/PX do some stunning value bikes, and minor spec changes don’t really change that. Doesn’t mean it’s not a bit shit though.

bigrich

If you build a bike for STW demographic and do your marketing through the forum, then you have to expect everything that entails.

macias
    Free Member

And now for something completely different…

I put all the pieces together, except for a seat clamp (stupid me – bought 31.8mm). A moment of truth for the chaining – I think any ring smaller than 28T would not fly at all, since it would cause the chain to rub/sit on a chainstay on lowest gear settings. I’ve got 30T installed and it’s just half a centimeter above chainstay if I drop to smallest rear cog.

Is this the same for you or did I make something weirdly wrong? Not that I have to run 28T, just wanted to have as a backup option.

brant
    Free Member

I put all the pieces together, except for a seat clamp (stupid me – bought 31.8mm). A moment of truth for the chaining – I think any ring smaller than 28T would not fly at all, since it would cause the chain to rub/sit on a chainstay on lowest gear settings. I’ve got 30T installed and it’s just half a centimeter above chainstay if I drop to smallest rear cog.
    Is this the same for you or did I make something weirdly wrong? Not that I have to run 28T, just wanted to have as a backup option.

What chainring smaller than 28t is available?

The chainstay “drop” is biased inline rather than super dropped to keep back end stiffness high.
    More drop is more flex.
    I think the stiffness goals were achieved from reports and our measurements.

macias
    Free Member

Sorry – wanted to say “anything smaller than 30T” (which is 28T for example).

bazingaeuan

Been thinking about this.

If I had ordered the full build (which I didn’t) I’d be a bit annoyed about X01. The new MBR advertises it as a x01 transmission. However the X1 cranks are absolutely fine. Packet of crisps difference? You don’t buy this bike for its weight… Stonkingly good value for money. Everything is X01 bar cranks.

If you’re that upset send it back.

However I bought the frame (shock not installed?) and think it’s absolutely amazing.

Here it is having a rest up Minch Moor.

Longest ride I’ve done on it is 60k so far on a mix of natural/trail centre Tweed Valley, pedals efficiently enough. Brilliant bike.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Anyone know the frame weight? I don’t expect it to be light, just curious to compare it against other sturdy 29ers.

brant
    Free Member

7lb w/o shock

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Thanks Brant, that’s pretty decent.

plus-one

Had 4hrs yesterday riding some of the proposed ews routes and the bike was superb ..

Climbed from bottom to top to do 3G twice and if you know the area it’s a fair whack of climbing .. Suspension feels perfectly balanced and fork and shock are sublime .. Brakes are also top notch ..

Soaked up roots/drops with ease ..

Reckon I’ll break long before bike does 😆

Couldn’t have been far from you bazingaeuan ? Looks good 🙂

bazingaeuan

Cheers plus one. That’s from last week. Wednesday I think!

macias
    Free Member

Finished the 1st ride yesterday late evening. Amazing how much I need to learn after switching from HT to FS 🙂 but I like Codeine already. Suspension is plush, capable eating roots, forgiving on the decents and efficient on the climbs. Climbing efficiency not so much far away from my HT, 35 mm stem gives a way lot more agility comparing to HT. Pedalling efficiency is a subject for further adjustements with the seat position but generally –

– F A N T A S T I C!

Codeine Medium with a shock and headeset from OnOne weights 3959g 😀

TomZesty
    Free Member

Really interested in one of these…. it may have been said before, but a quick search hasn’t yielded anything on my screen – how long is the warranty on the frame?

mtbtom
    Free Member

The blue and orange looks fantastic in the sun. Nice shot bazingaeuan.

brant
    Free Member

Really interested in one of these…. it may have been said before, but a quick search hasn’t yielded anything on my screen – how long is the warranty on the frame?

2yrs for manufacturing defects.

brant
    Free Member

Glad people are liking the climbing efficiency. We put a lot of work into that.

TomZesty
    Free Member

Thanks Brant, going to get saving!

jeffs

Seems to be a Tweed Valley thing with Codeines…

On holiday with the family here this week. Innerleithen Red today was my first proper ride after lots of GT greens and blues with the kids. On Strava, on the Codeine (full build from Planet X), I knocked chunks off my previous personal bests (set on my 26er Trek Fuel EX) on the downs – and uphill, too.
    The bike is giving me confidence to hit stuff harder and faster, with amazing control and grip. And despite monster trucking through the rough, it’s playful and agile; easier to get into the air than my Trek, nimble fast and slow, and just a lot of big-grin fun.
    Thanks very much Brant and On One.

DeeW
    Free Member

Brant: can you confirm what’s happening with new stock of frames please. I ordered and paid for a medium white one on Sunday in store and were told they were landing in the country this week for delivery to me next week. I’ve checked the stock availability on the website and it seems all over the place: changing from out of stock to due in mid August and back again.

brant
    Free Member

Brant: can you confirm what’s happening with new stock of frames please. I ordered and paid for a medium white one on Sunday in store and were told they were landing in the country this week for delivery to me next week. I’ve checked the stock availability on the website and it seems all over the place: changing from out of stock to due in mid August and back again.

Medium white frames due in today as far s I know. We just had a container land, and our team are unpacking it.

If you want to email me your sales order number I will look into this for you.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 493 total)

The topic ‘So an On One Codiene just fell onto my doormat…’ is closed to new replies.