Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • So all the snow in Scotland….
  • scotroutes

Fresh snow at Cairngorm today.

Interesting drive up the A9 this afternoon though. I’ve seen foaming rivers where there’s normally not much more than a trickle/

matt_outandabout

Normal

Summer

Today

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Was fun at Fort Bill last week. Is that a big pile of snow?

Nope, rock.

Is that a big pile of snow?

Nope, rock.

I imagine the 10 under route is now 10 under water.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I imagine the 10 under route is now 10 under water

Hooray – more excuses to delay the start of my ‘training’

fasthaggis

Killin falls,ace 🙂

matt_outandabout

Aye. That’s our old house in the background.
    I miss my old house.
    I will get some sleep tonight though. 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

This was the road into Aberfeldy this morning further downstream.

matt_outandabout

Don’t show me that, my Aberfeldy flat will be flooded….

BoardinBob

I did the 1st round of the scottish enduro at Fort William yesterday. Torrential rain coupled with high temps & associate snow melt, meant they had to re-route some of the course between Saturday and Sunday as what was a stream crossing was now a raging torrent.

duckman

I got caught in that a couple of weeks ago McM, is that not just a couple of miles after the turn off from the A9?

kcal

ouch.
    meanwhile a mate posted a pic yesterday of nearby loch / occasional reservoir, never seen it so low-lying; trails around here, whilst a bit on the muddy side, are in great condition considering it’s February. Rooty paths that are usually slick with greasy film are dry.

StirlingCrispin

This is my local river

That’s a bench underwater on the right, and also on the opposite side.

This was almost “high” according to SEPA.
    http://www.sepa.org.uk/water/river_levels/river_level_data.aspx?sd=t&lc=4638

(We did have 20mm of rain yesterday so not a surprise)

scotroutes

Ruthven Barracks is almost on its own island at the moment.

Funny that, despite all this water, I’ve yet to see any houses flooded. It’s almost as if folk knew there was a risk….

kcal

I’ve seen the railway line there looking pretty vulnerable in the past, too, scotroutes..

scotroutes

That’s the railway embankment (on the right of shot) a few miles north of Kingussie. No more than 2-3 metres above the water level.

Northwind

My car got drowned at Strathyre last night, all going well til some **** in a truck decided to see how big he could get his bow wave and flooded three cars in one pass 🙁 Karma I think for 2 days of almost rain-free riding at nevis range.

coffeeking
    Free Member

My car got drowned at Strathyre last night, all going well til some **** in a truck decided to see how big he could get his bow wave and flooded three cars in one pass Karma I think for 2 days of almost rain-free riding at nevis range.

Pretty sure that’s a valid reason for reporting him.

Northwind

Had other things on my mind than IDing the truck tbh 😆 One of the traffic officers on the scene said it’d be open and shut dangerous driving but no chance of finding out who it was. So just having to get on with it and catch all the fish that are now living in the car.

Annoying thing is I could have just turned around and gone via Perth but hey ho.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ah well, at least you get free trout for a few weeks.

Northwind

Meanwhile, see that raging torrent at killin? We had a scottish water guy raging at the police because they wouldn’t let him through to killin up the A84, he was on a callout for a water shortage 😆

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I got caught in that a couple of weeks ago McM, is that not just a couple of miles after the turn off from the A9?

It’s not my picture, I understood it was the approach road to Wade’s bridge from the Weem / Strathtay road.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Water levels are “normal” round the Kelvin (According to SEPA).

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘So all the snow in Scotland….’ is closed to new replies.