Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • So after nearly 10 years i've handed in my notice
  • drslow
    Free Member

Wasn’t looking forward to it but now its done and the big boss has spoken to me and it looks like we will part on good terms. New job secured after 3 interviews over 2 weeks. Maybe looking forward even more to the last 2 weeks in September which i’m taking as me (and the bike) time (sorry wife and kids!), hopefully just when the Indian summer kicks in!!!

Haze

Handed mine in earlier this year after 21, wasn’t easy but glad I did it (and the extra money and holiday are nice)

Good luck!

donsimon
    Free Member

I did it a couple of weeks ago, without the luxury of a new job to go to. I’m currently packing to get ready for a new challenge in a new country.
    It’s a great feeling, isn’t it?
    Good luck for the future.

Moses

I’m waiting for the right moment.
    The offer from the new employer is in, we’re now depending on good references from my past.
    Crosses fingers.

drslow
    Free Member

Good luck guys. It is a great feeling, especially when you’ve been hating the job for the past 12-18 months.

Pieface

I’m taking voluntary severance and am employed until the end of the year but can leave before then.

As I’ve been here so long I get a good pay out, but feel somewhat institutionalised and scared of the big wide world.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Wish I could get out of my job, as it is depressing the life out of me, but I can’t afford to walk and am too old to look elsewhere. Oh well; only 4 years to go ’til I can retire.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Finished my 12 yr old job 5 weeks ago – felt great, just awaiting visa cconfirmation so I can start my new one in Oz soon 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘So after nearly 10 years i've handed in my notice’ is closed to new replies.