Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • So a quick weight loss question
  • ianpinder
    Free Member

When you loose weight you never only loose fat.

Of the weight you loose generally what percentage should be far?

globalti
    Free Member

If you are losing weight by exercising you will be replacing the fat with muscle, which weighs about five times what fat weighs. So in theory you could even put on weight as you get stronger and fitter. I know I did when I went over to road riding after 23 years of MTBing; my thighs and glutes are now bigger and I’ve put on over a kg yet still have the same 32″ waist.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Well so far I’m down 4 stone

takisawa2

Well so far I’m down 4 stone

Bloody hell, share your secret…please. 🙂

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

Good effort 🙂

If you have lost 4 stone, I suspect that the majority of your previous ‘excess’ weight was made up of fat and that the 4 stone you have lost is due to a loss of body fat.

If you start training more then you will begin to increase your muscle mass and your weight may rise even though you don’t getter ‘fatter’ (i.e. bigger round the waist)

ianpinder
    Free Member

Well so far, of the weight I have lost 91% has been pure fat.

Whilst the bf% machines are not the most accurate if I use the same one in the same conditions at least it will be consistent.

When you start with 29 1/2 stone 4 isnt to much. Still have 7 stone to loose, and I am getting stronger. Lifting close to 300kg with my legs, squatting 185kg and benching around 130kg.

I do expect to loose muscle mass, currently I’m averaging around 1500 calories a day and exercising twice a day. But 3 times a week I have a weights session to keep my strength up. Seems to be working so far.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Good going ian. Inspiring words.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Time for a new bike Ian?

Tango-Man
    Free Member

If you are losing weight by exercising you will be replacing the fat with muscle, which weighs about five times what fat weighs

Please tell me this is meant in jest

ianpinder
    Free Member

I actually don’t want a new bike. I love my nicolai so much I’m thinking of selling my other bikes. On the other hand the ti29er thread is looking quite tasty

organic355
    Free Member

If you are losing weight by exercising you will be replacing the fat with muscle, which weighs about five times what fat weighs

Please tell me this is meant in jest

http://www.onemorebite-weightloss.com/muscle-to-fat.html

globalti
    Free Member

There’s a bloke called Gaz on Cycle Chat who has lost a prodigious amount of weight; the man was seriously obese. Go and have a look at his web page.

Gaz Spends Friday Night In A&E (Or The E.R.)….

molgrips
    Free Member

The best way to lose loads of weight is to be really fat and unfit to begin with.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘So a quick weight loss question’ is closed to new replies.