Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • So, a new political party?
  • aP
    Free Member

I did my best to make Brexit work for a year – and it won’t. There is no upside and it is clear that every sector of our economy will suffer for decades to come. Project Fear is Project Fact.
    Could this potentially really pull the wheels off? I reckon a lot of people would defect from Labour as they’re really not happy with Corbyn’s clear Eurosceptic viewpoint, and Tory moderates/ wets too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

best they could hope for is to split the vote, however being a former DM man etc. I do wonder what is polices are like on other issues…
    Single issue politicians tend to be hiding something else

Stoner
    Free Member

Needs a solid political heavyweight around which to coalesce and he’s not it. Nor is that vain self-promoter jolyon Maughan.

The time of the hush puppy is nigh people.

mattyfez

Shamelessly quoted from the mash..

UK voters desperately want a pro-European party with sensible centrist policies, according to a politician determined to ignore the existence of the Lib Dems.

James Chapman, former chief of staff to David Davis, told media that the public would overwhelmingly back a party opposed to both Brexit and extremism while pretending he had never heard of Vince Cable.

He continued: “There’s a huge appetite for an alternative to either Labour or the Tories, a third party that can capture those voters crying out for moderation.

“A party that offers a clear alternative on Brexit, such as the promise of a second referendum, would be guaranteed to capture at least 48 per cent of the vote nationally. That’s simply fact.

“My new centrist party, which would emphasise British values of liberalism and democracy and probably have neutral orange branding, would rocket to victory and smash the two-party system once and for all.”

Mary Fisher of Bath said: “A party like that would definitely get my vote. Around here there’s no-one to vote for but the bloody Lib Dems.”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Needs a solid political heavyweight around which to coalesce and he’s not it

He’s already gone full Mensch, hasn’t he?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

“My new centrist party, which would emphasise British values of liberalism and democracy and probably have neutral orange branding, would rocket to victory and smash the two-party system once and for all.”

Mary Fisher of Bath said: “A party like that would definitely get my vote. Around here there’s no-one to vote for but the bloody Lib Dems.”
    In jest and all that… what is not really needed is a pro EU Tory party here a UKEP if you will… Which may be what he is looking at

chewkw
    Free Member

Regardless of what he stands for, if he is a reminder then he should Not be in Brexit department in the first place. If he was unsure then he should not have joined either side until he is clear in his own head.

This person is a damaged good. He is no good to anyone as he has no integrity. Corbyn is a far better person than this ZM.

James Chapman, who is also former political editor at the Daily Mail and worked for George Osborne,

Perhaps this is the reason but surely he knows where his boss stands?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

why all the bold points which in reality are bollocks staffing a department with true believers leaves you with a church not a good department

Stoner
    Free Member

I have yet to see Mensch’s bare buttocks but am willing to do so as a favour.

slowoldman

The time of the hush puppy is nigh people.

Get out the jazz records.

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    why all the bold points which in reality are bollocks staffing a department with true believers leaves you with a church not a good department

Ya, they can have whatever ideology they want in their head so long as they tow the line. Otherwise, get another job somewhere that fits their ideological views. 🙄

Nobody give a concern about their utopian views, nobody but nobody. 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

Where is “you know who” ??

Sandwich

Get out the jazz records.

I suspect it won’t be records!

It’s the ‘establishment’ (civil service) doing their best to spike the Corbyn surge. There is a worry that if he were to get in a lot of privilege would disappear and ‘the wrong sort’ would get by on merit rather than who they know.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s the ‘establishment’

That’s what they want you to think…..

dissonance

Regardless of what he stands for, if he is a reminder then he should Not be in Brexit department in the first place

Should we have a loyalty test?
    Only those who can quote the ten principles of Saint Farage will be allowed to take part?

chewkw
    Free Member

dissonance – Member

Regardless of what he stands for, if he is a reminder then he should Not be in Brexit department in the first place

Should we have a loyalty test?[/quote]
    Should you let others that disagree with your ideology join you to sabotage your activities? You will be going ape shite if that happens to the reminder. 😀
    It’s like saying that the remainder campaign team has employed a Brexit boss innit. 😆
    I mean it’s a like a spy innit … 😛

Only those who can quote the ten principles of Saint Farage will be allowed to take part?

Say EU bureaucratic ZM 10 times with sincerity. Simple. 😆

mefty
    Free Member

By a few accounts he has gone a bit Tonto, apparently C4 News cancelled him tonight.

seosamh77
    Free Member

So assuming this doesn’t just fall flat on it’s face, what would be the ploy here, get enough defections from lab/tories and force another election?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

apparently C4 News cancelled him tonight.

Just had a look at his twitterings.

Someone needs to get him to calm down a little. Apparently, everyone is a Nazi. Well, except Corbyn who has been told to “Sod off you Marxist Brexit lunatic”. Looking at the overall content, it’s hardly the best way to start a new political movement. Also, hardly the way to endear yourself to the PR led spin world that is modern politics. Especially when you work for who he works for…..

He’s gone a bit loopy.

mefty
    Free Member

He’s gone a bit loopy.

Quite possibly, so I won’t comment further.

However, ignoring him, the concept of a Centre Party like Macron’s is so enticing but completely unrealistic. It will be interesting to see how Macron turns out, I read the other day he has worse ratings than Hollande at a similar juncture – is only 2% above that other neophyte Trump. Politics is a tough game and those who survive deserve abit more recognition.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Quite possibly, so I won’t comment further.

I must agree with you.

I shall refrain from further comment.

scaredypants

It’d be great if somebody (plus Ken, obvz) set up 2 shell parties – left & right, but anti-brexit. They could just say “our manifesto? – exactly the same as the [conservative/labour] one but without the brexit bit”

Then we could have multi-party politics, properly hung parliament and they could vote in PR as their first bill

jonnyboi

Seems like he will both explode and sink without trace.

Two party politics will resume as normal tomorrow

sbob
    Free Member

Stoner – Member

I have yet to see Mensch’s bare buttocks

Challenge accepted…

jamj1974

Get out the jazz records woodbines

martinhutch

Lord Buckethead has significantly more credibility as the springboard for a new anti-Brexit political movement.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJzW_gFoXR0[/video]

This is just some Tory boy having a Twitter meltdown.

nickc

Has his twitter been deleted?

ratherbeintobago

In jest and all that… what is not really needed is a pro EU Tory party here a UKEP if you will… Which may be what he is looking at

I think this is what he has in mind.

Has his twitter been deleted?

Yes, I wondered why my twitter feed had gone quiet.

kimbers

guido fawkes alledges chappers was arrested in greece

then deleted his story about it & denied hed posted it

but theres a webarchive of it?
    https://web.archive.org/web/20170822012931/https://order-order.com/2017/08/21/james-chapman-arrested-greek-police/

superinjunction?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘So, a new political party?’ is closed to new replies.