Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • So a man walks into a bar…
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

after getting smashed over by a bus!!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewRWb06NHlU[/video]

I always knew Reading had something going for it!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/27/i-get-knocked-down-man-hit-by-bus-gets-back-up-again-and-heads-to-pub

tiggs121
    Free Member

Seen this earlier – lucky boy…and pretty cool about it! Odd bit of driving…

bentandbroken

I thought he had gone in to a bookies and assumed he thought he was having a lucky day

globalti
    Free Member

Adrenaline is an amazing hormone.

Gary_M
    Free Member

When you luck at one of the other videos it looks like the bus comes round the first corner way to fast then driver loses control.

woody2000

Lucky b*stard! 😯

aracer
    Free Member

Given the bloke was on the pavement when he got hit, I reckon that goes wthout saying.

Looking at the other video though, speed looks OK in the first corner, then for some reason it seems to accelerate out of that. I’m wondering if it was a problem with hitting the wrong pedal?

DezB
    Free Member

Lucky b*stard!

Not being hit by a bus is luckier!

Smashes the window with the back of his head, so hopefully he got looked at.
    Always wear a helmet, folks!

Stoner
    Free Member

Coincidentally I have often walked out if the Purple Turtle having felt that I’d been run over by a bus.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Lottery ticket moment, how he slid down the road and away from the front near-side wheel was a miracle! 😯

Gary_M
    Free Member

Looking at the other video though, speed looks OK in the first corner,

Does look to be leaning over a fair bit as it comes round the first corner though.

DezB
    Free Member

9 videos of the same thing on YouToob page one. Why do people feel the need to upload the same thing as other people??

Gary_M
    Free Member

Why do people feel the need to upload the same thing as other people??

No idea, is the protocol to search youtube first before posting a video? Genuine question, I have no idea.

aracer
    Free Member

Well spotted – speed perception on the video (mine at least) is probably dodgy.

DezB
    Free Member

No idea, is the protocol to search youtube first before posting a video?
    Me neither! I would though.

matt_outandabout

is the protocol to search youtube first before posting a video?

No, because by the time you have 492 people have beaten you to the upload…

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

What was John McClane doing in Reading, though?

allthegear
    Free Member

Because there is a revenue sharing theme for adverts on your video. So, posting something you know people are going to search for, even if already available, makes sense

Rachel

Cougar

Coincidentally I have often walked out if the Purple Turtle having felt that I’d been run over by a bus.

Hah, watching that I thought, “is that the Purple Turtle?”

Why do people feel the need to upload the same thing as other people??

The same reason we have to close 37 duplicate threads every time someone famous dies I expect.

Keva
    Free Member

can you really get a pint in the Purple Turtle @9:15am though, or did he collapse in the doorway? – watch from 21seconds onwards and see people crouching down to speak to someone.

funkmasterp

Hope the man is okay. Surely must have been adrenaline that kept him walking 😯

avdave2

The bus is certainly out of control, on the Guardian video you can see it’s already hit something before it hits him. Looks like a post and a bag of rubbish at the foot of it. Looking at the yellow lines on the road he’s certainly not in it when he’s hit.

martinhutch

It’s bus mating season. The bus saw the exterior of the Purple Turtle and got a bit confused.

anagallis_arvensis

He’s someone I work withs uncle used to be a bouncer at the turtle so went in for a sit down rather than a pint. I’m told other than cuts a bruises he’s ok.

km79
    Free Member

It is not known what caused the crash but Thames Valley police said no arrests had been made.

FFS.

zanelad
    Free Member

FFS

Doesn’t mean there won’t be, or needs to be.

GrahamS

no arrests had been made

WTF?

He’s a good metre and a half onto the pavement when he got hit by what looks very much like a speeding, out of control bus.

If it is “not known what caused the crash” then I’d suggest it might have been the bus driver.

teasel
    Free Member

Smashes the window with the back of his head, so hopefully he got looked at.

I think he actually turns just before the impact (probably thinking WTF is that noise) and it’s his shoulder that takes the brunt of the force.

Very lucky bloke. Or already very pissed…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘So a man walks into a bar…’ is closed to new replies.