Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • So, a forum member who was selling lots on the classifieds has dissappeared…
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Bought something from this guy the other day, apparently it was posted wednesday. Fine.
    Saw another advert yesterday for something else, haggled on the email, agreed a price. But before I went to paypal, I thought I’d double-check the ad. It’s gone! As has his profile and all his threads!
    Wassup? I’ve had an email from him saying fine to pay as agreed, but something sounds a wee bit dodgy. Is all ok?

wwaswas

Is all ok?

it’s just the mods trying to stop the professional traders on the forum I’d say.

don’t worry, your seller will be back with another id within a week or two.

druidh
    Free Member

That would be atypical behaviour for the mods. On a couple of occasions I’ve pointed out some “professional” traders to them they’ve just turned a blind eye to it.

andyl
    Free Member

who was it?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

lovesthehuck

but delving into his paypal details, aka Scout Gregory
    He runs http://****/ selling new and used parts…

sssimon
    Free Member

his site makes good reading, refers to t as a business but when talking about returns only mentions the sales of goods act and completely negated to mention the Distance selling regulations which me he DOES need to offer a refund.

no harm in selling secondhand bike bits but admit what you are, I wonder does the taxman know about his website/paypal account?

Trailseeker
    Free Member

AKA scoutingforparts & IOWrider – well known for peddling junk
    Here
    He’s also been booted off Ebay for multiple IDs & leaving himself positive feedback.

neallyman
    Free Member

I think you’ll be OK.

This’ll be the same guy who previously traded as ‘scouting for parts’.
    He’s now got a new venture by the looks of things <themountainbikeking>.

Professional trader probably over-eggs his status somewhat tho looking at the tat he pushes (no offence OP) … 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im on the IOW if its any help to the original OP.

angryratio
    Free Member

I avoid buying from people who just come on here to sell.
    It’s really not in keeping with the spirit of what i think this forum should be for.

His latest venture

Roblilly
    Free Member

I have bought from his website in the past. No issues at all

codybrennan
    Free Member

I’m still waiting on the adjusting washers/nuts for the Avid Juicy 3 he said he’d send 2 years ago. The ones that are supposed to come with it, but didn’t.

I got my own in the end.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Go on….

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I think the IOWrider name isn’t relevant, according to facebook, he lives in Cheltenham.

anyhow, buying the bits off him 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

I nearly bought one of his BBs a couple of years ago, but oddly when I offered to pick it up rather than get him to post it, he refused.
    Glad i didnt now.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Just got both components bought off him, so good delivery after all.
    Panic over.

cupra
    Free Member

My rotor arrived on Saturday totally as described.

Mark

That would be atypical behaviour for the mods. On a couple of occasions I’ve pointed out some “professional” traders to them they’ve just turned a blind eye to it.

No.. what actually happened was we investigated by contacting the seller, as we always do, and then judging by his response and other investigations we disagreed with you.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

do you mind me asking what he’d done wrong Mark?

chakaping
    Free Member

Traders aren’t allowed to sell on the classifieds.

They must have told him to huck off.

druidh
    Free Member

chakaping – Member
    Traders aren’t allowed to sell on the classifieds.

It would appear that the definition of “trader” is somewhat elastic and might depend on your relationship with the mods. See two posts back.

bruneep

Stw investigations.

Stw. “Are you a trader?”

Seller.” no!”

stw “ok carry on selling loads of bits”

TimP
    Free Member

Didn’t take too long for him to return though

here

Trailseeker
    Free Member

He’s persistant at the very least.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘So, a forum member who was selling lots on the classifieds has dissappeared…’ is closed to new replies.