Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • So 6Music of off limits for the next 2 months
  • Stoner
    Free Member

What with the relentless f******* shilling/advertising for their “festival” we’re going to have to endure until a month after it’s all over. And all done with wall-to-wall Glaswegian accents to boot. At least it’s not Annie Mac again.

*goes of for a sulk, fire up Spotify and Mr Cholmondly-Warner Public Service Broadcasts, and prays Gideon Coe doesn’t go native*

BoardinBob

And all done with wall-to-wall Glaswegian accents to boot

Can’t beat a bit of casual anti-Scottish bigotry eh…

God forbid they let us Scots on the radio

Why can’t it all be cor luv a duck, jellied eels, apples and pears cockneys 24/7.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

4 pages. First mention of letterboxes on page 2.

traildog
    Free Member

I’m not sure what you are moaning about, but you strike me as a bit miserable. It’s a music channel putting on a music festival of music which they tend to play. What is it you don’t like again, the fact that it’s in Scotland or the fact they advertise it?

Merak

I’m hoping RadMac interview Father John Misty again. They had a real rapport last time.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Get it roon ye Stoner! 😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

4 pages. First mention of letterboxes on page 2.

First mention of letterboxes by the third post, I think you’ll find. 😉

sandwicheater

I’m glad we’re not the only ones that get a tad peeved at this. Bit of a family joke this;

Me: Did you hear about the 6music festival dear
    Her: I didn’t, they should really get someone to do their promotion, it’s terrible
    Me: Ohhhh i know, wander what else we miss
    Together: Titter titter, warm embrace, roll credits.

IHN

I’m hoping RadMac interview Father John Misty again. They had a real rapport last time.

That was comedy gold.

footflaps

We need to build a wall and get 6 music to pay for it……

Stoner
    Free Member

Can’t beat a bit of casual anti-Scottish bigotry eh…

Its not personal Bob. I’m prejudiced against every accent north of Bromsgrove.

If we could get MAH to design it, it would be a beautiful wall. The best wall.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Binners could do one of his Muriels. He practically works there.

BoardinBob

To be fair, I cringe myself to death when I hear Scottish folk on the radio, usually because they pick the most stereotypical Scottish sounding folk!

somafunk

I thought Lauren Laverne’s program this morning was bloody brilliant, Underworld for the opening salvo followed by Arab Strap, Sons and Daughters, Primal Scream, Sleater-Kinney……I could go on but you get the picture along with all the 6music festival stuff. I’d love to go but festival’s are not feasible for me so i’ll make sure and listen.

Then again i would say the above being a Scot 😀

ads678

What is it with 6Music’s obsession with Ian Dury? Every time i put it on within a few tracks it’s Ian **** Dury! Bunch of arse.

BTW, i’m not and Ian Dury fan….

Northwind

There’s a band called Car Seat Headrest apparently.

Is that a Stuart Fae Mogwai DJ Set? He used to do a legendarily rubbish set at the gilded balloon, luckily he was playing the night the place burned down so it only took 20 seconds to evacuate.

BoardinBob

Depeche Mode at the Barras will be superb but I doubt I’ll be able to grab tickets!

lucky7500

Depeche Mode at the Barras will be superb but I doubt I’ll be able to grab tickets!

+1
    I’m tempted to go for Jesus and Mary Chain tickets at the same venue even though I’m seeing them in London a couple of days later and already have tickets to a different band on the glasgow night!

binners

is there a 6 Music Festival on? I hadn’t picked up on that

Did Stuart end up actually telling him to **** off? ! He certainly sounded like he was about to. From pretty much the opening sentence. And he’d have deserved it. What a cockwomble!!!

Top notch car crash interview though! Is it still available on iplayer?:D

somafunk
    CountZero

😆
    That was one of the most amazing things I’ve ever heard on the radio, I’ve heard some interviews where the interviewee was going out of their way to be Mr Awkward Bastard, but how Stuart managed to stop himself from telling Misty to go and **** himself I’ll never know, great self control.

I’m not sure what you are moaning about, but you strike me as a bit miserable. It’s a music channel putting on a music festival of music which they tend to play. What is it you don’t like again, the fact that it’s in Scotland or the fact they advertise it?

This, exactly.

What is it with 6Music’s obsession with Ian Dury? Every time i put it on within a few tracks it’s Ian **** Dury! Bunch of arse.

BTW, i’m not and Ian Dury fan….
    Well, not that I manage to listen to 6 as often as I used to, but I can’t say I’ve ever noticed them playing Ian Dury that often, certainly not as often as some other artists, they seem to have something of an obsession with the Manics, although that may be just because I really don’t like them very much, and then there’s Daft bloody Punk, who seem to get far too much airplay on 6…

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I’m prejudiced against every accent north of Bromsgrove.

Saddest statement of the year so far?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

father john misty interview here

What a tosser!

codybrennan
    Free Member

DM tickets bought….anyone else?

thepurist

I’m now in a dilemma – rampant festival promotion, but keaveny is away for a fortnight… To listen or not?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘So 6Music of off limits for the next 2 months’ is closed to new replies.