Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 191 total)
  • SNOWMEGEDON FRIDAY, always be prepared for the worst
  • hora
    Free Member

1-2mm. Thats Leeds obliterated. Can we have asilent prayer for all those fallen promising footballers.

oldgit
    Free Member

3-4″ in Cannock

I assume you mean the snow?

boxelder

Near blizzard now near Keswick.
    New ( to me) bike loaded for delivery by Pforce
    Just waiting for ‘ school closed’ text
    Need our kids school to stay open
    If this all comes – best friday for a good while
    Cake and munchtime….

hora
    Free Member

Average manhood size?

ton

nice covering in Leeds, webcams for York and Scarborough show no snow as yet……thank god, cos i am heading that way.

stumpyjon

Proper blizzard in Rossendale, very very windy.

martinhutch

Average manhood size?

Pretty much, with no central heating…

hora
    Free Member

Ever fancied being a manwhore? Manwhoring pays well.

martinhutch

Hora, you’ve got the wrong tab on your browser open. Your Skype chat to Thailand is the next one along. 🙂

boxelder

Penguins huddled on the lawn now

hora
    Free Member

I feel random today..

votchy
    Free Member

39.4mm here in Redditch, just south of the NWAlps and not falling anymore, roads are just wet slush so no probs getting to work, boo!!

stu1972
    Free Member

Just starting now in Carlisle, Cumbria.

Very light though

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Snowing lightly in north Bradford, bit quite windy. Needs to get heavier!

Doesn’t look like anyone is bothering with work today though, not seen a single car on the roads

saxabar
    Free Member

Big winds and a few inches of snow here in Bethesda, Snowdonia. Annoyingly we have a power outage too. Thankfully the wood burner is going strong!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

A few inches down in the Hope Valley and the snow is blowing sideways past the window

hora
    Free Member

A few inches down in the Hope Valley and the snow is blowing sideways past the window

…and thats me sitting in the Jacuzzi and Sauna this weekend 8)

gribble
    Free Member

There is Snowway I am not getting out on my bike this weekend, regardless of pessimistic weather forecast. Unfortunately down here in soft southern Surrey, we are just getting more rain. I prefer the white fluffy stuff.

‘What tyres for Daily Mail type epic snow event?’

trail_rat
    Free Member

snows not bad here today but what was on the fields is now drifting against fences.

met an audi today stuck in a drift over its bonnet with its air bag off ….. shame cause his motor wouldnt start either so there was no clearing it 🙁

RoterStern
    Free Member

Went down to Morrisons for some fruit, and the place was chocker full of customers,long queues at all tills

Are you sure Morrisons haven’t got a special offer on for fat bikes?

somafunk

Couple of inches in kirkcudbright (dumfries & Galloway) now, blowing a hoolie as well so can’t really see the shed at the bottom of the garden for the snow. Woohoo!….i finally get a chance to feel smug n’ self satisfied for fitting snow tyres to the golf, best take my tow-rope and shovel in the car to work. 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

“best take my tow-rope and shovel in the car to work.”

cover your self – i offered to tow someone out from between a ditch and a tree yesterday to clear the road to other cars – after watching him bounce both ends of the car off the banking sliding down the hill.

first thing he said was “you better be careful and not damage my car” and he wasnt joking.

forget it mate – ill go round you on the banking.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Very very windy here in Manchester.

Couldnt’ find my riding glasses this morning the the snowflakes were like Chinese Stars in my eyes.

Also, any recommendations for winter/windproof gloves? (never thought I’d be asking this in spring). Fingers frozen this morning but I still saw someone without gloves on!

scaredypants

Drizzle here near Southampton

scaredypants

Hang on,

Nope, false alarm – phew !

hjghg5
    Free Member

Coming down steadily in leeds for a couple of hours now. I cycled to work because I just know what will happen to the roads later. Worst case scenario is I push the bike home or leave it at work and run (only 5 miles) but no way am I risking a car when we get the normal leeds snow gridlock.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Also, any recommendations for winter/windproof gloves?

samuri
    Free Member

Few inches in Warrington this morning. Just cycled in as normal, all fine.

Sandwich

Nothing this side of the “Suffolk Alps”

boxelder

Work shut – check
    Kids at school – check
    Parcel force – ………………

dooosuk
    Free Member

http://www.performancebike.com/images/performance/products/large/10-0937-BLK-BACK.jpg

So, is that a Pearl Izumi Thermic glove? Doesn’t look like they’re for sale in many places from a quick google.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

About 3 inches in Co Antrim, no electricity and my for sale sign snapped in two.

Houns

Just an inch or so at the northern base camp of the col du clent. More on the way later/tomorrow

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Around 3 inches here in NW Cheshire. Home office, so a full day of work 🙁

binners

We’ve had quite a bit in Oldham, but its not really stuck. Its not the snow that bothers me, its the horizontellness of everything. Its bloody windy and its all coming in sideways.

Night ride abandoned to general lack of enthusiasm last night. Nobody was too keen on being blown off a hill sideways by an icy cold blast! 🙁

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Meant to be going to Wales to ride Brechfa and Cwm Carn this weekend. Am I going to die?!

nealglover
    Free Member

nice covering in Leeds, webcams for York and Scarborough show no snow as yet……thank god, cos i am heading that way.

Not a flake in York yet.
    Still all clear.

crikey
    Free Member

Saddleworth is getting a fair dusting, not helped by the wind which has blown two of my bins over. The blue bin (paper and cardboard), and the green bin (garden waste) brown bin (bottles and plastic).

camo16
    Free Member

Really not anywhere near as bad as they feared in Liverpool…

There’s some snow, but all told riding through slush is overrated.

Susan the Commençal stars in “Slush-o-rama”, now showing at Liverpool Waterfront:

molgrips
    Free Member

Meant to be going to Wales to ride Brechfa and Cwm Carn this weekend. Am I going to die?!

Depends – how good a swimmer are you?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 191 total)

The topic ‘SNOWMEGEDON FRIDAY, always be prepared for the worst’ is closed to new replies.