Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Snowdrop thread for Bunnyhop
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Specially for Bunnyhop. We’ve been splitting clumps of snowdrops in the green and replanting them over the last few years. It’s beautiful to see them reappear in the Spring. There are one or two daffodils already out now, and we are not yet into March. We planted loads of special offer bulbs in January, so fingers crossed they all come up. The Bluebells come a little later, but they are completely natural.

highclimber
    Free Member

all ours have been out for weeks so are looking in poor condition mostly!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

all ours have been out for weeks

We are in Scotland and 600 feet up. Spring comes a little later. Seemingly you could ride your bike slowly from Cornawall to Caithness and follow the march of Spring.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Surely there must be some more snowdrops out there?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

snowdrops 2 by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

snowdrops by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

RobHilton
    Free Member

Seeing as you asked…

Sadly not in my garden – at my favourite local manor house/gardens open to public – Coton Manor.
    Currently displaying snowdrops & hellebores, which are v. nice, but not a touch on their bluebell wood.

fasthaggis

Cambo snowdrops at night

Cambo Fife

Bunnyhop

Oh, snowdrop heaven.
    Thankyou.

I always buy our snowdrops when they’re ‘over’ as it’s cheaper to buy, always plant them green though. Must try to remember to split them. When and how do I do this mcmoonter?

ononeorange

mcmoonter, you do appear to live in Paradise…..

CountZero

There were quite a few out along the hedgerows on Sunday when I was out on the bike, but I spotted this little group down in the bottom of a ditch that looked different to all the others:

I thought these were rather lovely.

redthunder
    Free Member

Bluebells imminent 🙂

Taken today. It felt so Springy 🙂 and we saw some little bunny wunnies 🙂

IMG_9605 by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_9595 by SGMTB, on Flickr

Even the Roe Deer did’nt run away 🙂

IMG_9579 by SGMTB, on Flickr

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Oh, snowdrop heaven.
    Thankyou.

I always buy our snowdrops when they’re ‘over’ as it’s cheaper to buy, always plant them green though. Must try to remember to split them. When and how do I do this mcmoonter?

There’s nothing to it really. We dig up a clump, while they are flowering, split them into three or four bulbs and replant them a bit further apart. They seem really hardy.

mcmoonter, you do appear to live in Paradise…..

It’s a lot of work to keep on top of things, but we are very lucky to have the scope to try things out. We had a really hard time last year when the snow collapsed trees, topiary and parts of the greenhouses. We lost more trees in May too. This year we had the bad January storm.

It’s always a pleasure when things come back to life after a harsh winter. The garden has been shortlisted for a Diamond Jubilee royal visit, so things are a bit more fraught than usual.

Bunnyhop

It’s always a pleasure when things come back to life after a harsh winter. The garden has been shortlisted for a Diamond Jubilee royal visit, so things are a bit more fraught than usual.

WOW! Will you keep us informed?

Redthunder – blue bells? The daffodils aren’t even out yet 🙂

cinnamon_girl

mcmoonter – you do live in a rural idyll and, no, I’m not jealous, not at all! Lovely display there. 8)

Quelle surprise! redthunder comes along hoping to trump mcmoonter with a … roe deer. 😀 You were so lucky that the deer didn’t belt off but just looking at his antlers, are they in velvet? Looking forward to your bluebell pics though and, please, no ps’ing. 😉

mcmoonter
    Free Member

WOW! Will you keep us informed?

Yep, we have a photographer coming to take pictures for a magazine article today. The sun is just burning off the morning fog with a dreamy light. I fear by lunchtime the moment will have passed.

CG you can’t out trump a Roe deer pic not least on a ride.

redthunder
    Free Member

Today

Bluebell 2012 by SGMTB, on Flickr

Bunnyhop

Goodness, gracious me!
    Our daffodils aren’t even showing yellow yet (apart from the mini ones).

redthunder
    Free Member

I hope they don’t get a kicking by the frost. 🙁

However, when your bluebells are coming out my have long gone 🙁

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Snowdrop thread for Bunnyhop’ is closed to new replies.