Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Snowdon
  • grantway
    Free Member

Planning Coed Y Brenin trip and wondering
    Is it worth going down Snowdonia.
    If so what way down is best.

I love rocky technical stuff

alexonabike

Snowdon I guess you mean?

grantway
    Free Member

LOL Indeed I do

Suggsey
    Free Member

If you love technical stuff we did Rangers Path down from the summit on Sunday, the first sections being in horzontal rain and hail with gusts of 50mph. We ascended via Llanberis Path but that has works on it and is now a footpath of granite blocks formed into steps-great for walking but not much else in my opinion.
    Telegraph Valley is a tyre eater if you dont jump all the drainage bars, sliced the sidewall on my rear Minion thinking I had cleared the fourth one down on the descent.

alexonabike

What Suggsey said

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Saw a fair amount of riders up there on Sunday while I was out walking up there. Looked a bit bleak for it, but something I'm going to have a go at. Probably Rangers Path pushing/carrying up & then ride back down. Not sure I could cope wit dragging my bike up the length of the Llanberis path.
    What were you riding Suggsey? Wonder if I saw you near the top

Suggsey
    Free Member

Was with a group of 7 others, I was on a Kona Coiler I think it was about 12.30pm when we were on the summit. Did the first 100metres on the track edge as there was alot of walkers on the final bit of trail and as you say it was bleak! Pictures are on the mtbbritain.co.uk/forum website under rides- Snowdon.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

We did the push up llanberis and descend down the rangers path in September. It was really good fun and miles better than coed y brenin or any of the other trail centres we did up there. Video is here:

Well the first half is snowdon anyway.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Pushing up the rangers path would be pretty difficult.

Strangelove
    Free Member

If the Llanberis Path is no longer rideable, which way is the best to the summit?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

The llanberis path is the best way to the summit – you will be pushing for most of it whatever. Its just a crap way to come down.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

About the same time as us then, saw a Coiler & a white Cove Hustler amongst other things, assume you must've been the guy on the Kona.

Suggsey
    Free Member

No white Hustler amongst us but there was a few lads went in font of us who passed us on the way down the initial pitch. I was the 'large' build chap on the Coiler with a red waterproof and black Zen helmet looking like he was freezing his nads off 😛

Trimix
    Free Member

Are you saying that the Llanberris path is now pants to ride up ? I did it a couple of years ago and some was rideable up, lots was rideable down.

How has it changed ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon’ is closed to new replies.