Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Snowdon walking advice
  • Jezkidd
    Free Member

Has anyone got any experience of the rhyd ddu track? 

I’m planning to up at the weekend. My mates taking his 3 year old, I’m not sure if it’s suitable terrain for bringing (carrying) an infant or whether its going to be a scramble and we should stick to the llanberis path? 

I’ve done llanberis a few times before.

Cheers,

Jez

camo16
    Free Member

With a three-year-old, I wouldn’t go for Rhyd Ddu. It’s not that hard, but it is a proper mountain route.

dti

The one from the other side of Beddgelert (ranger?) is good, went up with the infant a few years ago. more interesting than the llanberis route.

takisawa2

I think its actually a better route if your taking a toddler, as the ascent is fairly gradual. Its a much less well defined path though. Coming down its certainly an easier routs. The views are supposed to be better, but both times we’ve walked up it its been horrendous at the top.

speed12
    Free Member

As Camo says – it’s not hard, but does involve a very light bit of scrambling which might not be suitable for a 3yr old. The Ranger path is great though – the best ‘normal’ route up Snowdon IMO so I’d go for that.

GolfChick
    Free Member

we walked down the rhyd-ddu track two weeks ago now and it was a fair scramble in places. Not mega hard but did take time and consideration, we walked up the rangers path and would recommend this one but no experience of the others in the area to recommend alternatives.

stever
    Free Member

There’s a bit that’s a touch exposed from when we went up in the winter. Not hard, just with consequences if you slipped. I’d agree the Ranger is more straightforward.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Cheers guys

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon walking advice’ is closed to new replies.