Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Snowdon solo
  • hora
    Free Member

Anyone done this?

flyingmonkeycorps

No, but I don’t think I’d worry about it unless it was in the middle of the night or something. There’s generally someone around to prod your corpse when you hit a rock on the way down.

retrorick

A few times many years ago when I was at uni. No problems with other riders getting punctures or falling off! Up and down the Llanberis track.

xanboy
    Free Member

Yeap, parked in Llanberis and went up the Llanberis path and came down the rangers and looped back into round via Maesgwm into the far end of Llanberis.
    Leave a note in the car, tell someone where your going and off you go

Houns

Erm?? Anyone not done it?!

Many a time, 3 weeks ago was the last

bikebouy
    Free Member

I can’t actually see any reason why you wouldn’t do it solo, sorry 😕

rocketman
    Free Member

Erm?? Anyone not done it?!

^^ this

It’s not like it needs oxygen cylinders or an advance base camp 🙄

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yes.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Are you telling me I didn’t have to lug this to the top? No wonder it was so hard…

mdavids
    Free Member

Had a long weekend staying in Llanberis with my partner last year, had no plans to do snowdon but seemed a shame not to. Got up at 7am and was up and down the llanberis path by 10. Originally planned on coming down Rangers but the weather was too poor and I bottled it – Llanberis path is a good blast anyway and figured there was more chance of an off on rangers. Passed a few walkers on the way up and down so if the worst did happen someone would find you before too long.

First half of the climb was warm enough for a t-shirt then I hit the clouds and was freezing by the time I reached the top so take appropiate clothing.

SOAP
    Free Member

I’m planing to do it on the Sunday 1st sept weather permitting and probably on my own.
    Starting at the lakeside car park at 6:30am if anyone fancy’s it. email me.

johnnystorm

Yep, solo’d in Feb. Snow, ice and the bike blowing like a sail with me holding onto the bars. 🙂

Up Llanberis, down Rangers/telegraph and straight to the cafe opposite the garage.

beefy

Did it recently with a friend and see no reason at all not to do it solo, really good ride, but pretty tame as far as mountains go.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon solo’ is closed to new replies.