Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Snowdon Saturday 1st Oct 2016 – Anyone else going?
  • fieldy
    Free Member

A small group of us gonna have another bash at Snowdon this Saturday (weather permitting). Did it a few year back (Llanberis path up and down). This weekend we should be going up Llanberis and coming down the Rangers path and then on Telegraph valley. Anything worth noting or to look out for on the Rangers path??

james
    Free Member

The turnoff to cross the railway track to get onto the ranger path
    The turnoff from the ranger path to climb back up over the shoulder to drop down telegraph is hard to spot
    If you haven’t punctured on the water bars down telegraph theres a bit of sharp pointy bedrock section of trail that pinchflats me every time. Even running tubeless

ndthornton
    Free Member

The last tech section of the Ranger Path just before it flattens out – narrow, horrible looking gully with step downs.

Only bit Iv never managed to ride – One over the bars, one snapped rear mech and now I just don’t try

If you manage it let me know how 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Anything worth noting or to look out for on the Rangers path??

Hundreds of tourists (tbf not so much on the rangers).Just because the voluntary agreement ends it does’nt necessarily mean the hoards all disappear,especially if the weather is reasonable.

milky1980
    Free Member

I wouldn’t ride it on the weekend, still be loads of walkers about if the weather’s remotely good and every rider that’s inclined will be up there having a go. Much better to wait until midweek if you can and get a quieter run.

I also find it better to park at the car park at the end of the Rangers path by the Youth Hostel. You then ride up the boring bit of Rangers and it’s easy to spot the left turn post for Telegraph Alley. Means the climb is in the middle of the ride, so less demoralising, and that you can then blast down Rangers without worrying about looking for the right turn 😀

nickc

I wouldn’t go on a weekend TBH, there are just too many people walking it and rangers is best done in one go, stop start waiting for walkera makes it a bit crap

fieldy
    Free Member

Cheers for the comments….?.
    Forecast isn’t looking too good at the moment???

nickc

sunshine a blustery showers 12 degs…say the Beeb, while it’s not going to be horizon to horizon sun and 20degs, that’s pretty OK for October…

trout
    Free Member

We did it on the first of October last year. Awesome hot and sunny on the top
    Telegraph valley claimed 6 of us to flats
    Them rain bars are evil
    Lots of other tourists and that was on a Thursday

fieldy
    Free Member

Must have looked at the wrong date (or a spurious site) for the weather as it was showing thunder and lightening???

Think I’ll be running the tyres with reasonably high pressures…going tubeless but taking a few tubes…. And we might not be trying to break any records….maybe a leisurely pootle to the bottom??

Generally found the majority of the walkers to be ok and reasonable….but did bump into a few who weren’t .

Hopefully doing Penmachno on Sunday …… bikes and legs permitting

fieldy
    Free Member

Can someone do a sunshine dance for Saturday?

jekkyl

how do you lads get on? I saw on other fb groups that few were heading up as well, was it a mtb party on the mountain?? 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon Saturday 1st Oct 2016 – Anyone else going?’ is closed to new replies.