Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Snowdon Route Advice
  • swigley
    Free Member

Hi all,

Hoping to head over to Snowdonia at the end of April and plan to ride Snowdon for the tick list and finish off the long weekend with the Marin and Penmachno trails.
    Anyway have decided to get to the summit the useal way up the Llanberis path but am a little undecided on which decent to take.
    I know i dont want to head back down the Llanberis path and want to make more of a day of it, so its eirther the Ranger or the Rhyd Ddu Paths.
    Question is, which of the two is the better decent? Which is more rideable/technical and which will give me the biggest smile on my face without killing me?
    I love the idea of riding or carrying the bike across the Bwlch Main.

Many thanks.

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Go for the Rangers…you’ll be smiling at the bottom

james-o
    Free Member

second the rangers..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mark_b
    Free Member

Up the Llanberis, done the Rangers to above the zig zags then go down Telegraph Valley back to Llanberis.

Biffer
    Free Member

Have only done the Rangers so my vote goes there. However I did it both ways. Good fun it was as well.

Must do it again sometime as it some 10 years ago now !!

sharki
    Free Member
    swigley
    Free Member

Thanks all for advice so far, but there must be someone out there thats done the Rhyd Ddu decent. Just curious to know whats it like.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve read from a previous ‘pre-xmas link’ from stw that the Rhyd Ddu is slightly less overly technical overall, but carries its technical interest much further down the mountain than the rangers. Problem is, once you’ve got to the bottom theres some road work and additional climbing to get back to telegraph valley. I’ve not ridden it myself, but the plan is to this year.

A quick google yeilds this website – which is where I found the comments. Great pictures too.

<http://www.flattyresmtbroutes.com/SnowdonTwinPeaks.html&gt;

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Sorry, this:

null

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

balls. You get the picture.

swigley
    Free Member

Thanks Scienceofficer. Gives me a good insite to what i might be letting myself into.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

np. Report back would you?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon Route Advice’ is closed to new replies.