Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 133 total)
  • Snowdon, anyone fancy it?
  • maxtorque

20th is better for me tbh!

I’m midlands (Northampton) and have (small) estate car, so could lift with someone if they are also from these parts 😉

Dark-Side

20th it is then. Lets stick with that date so we people can decide if they can/can’t make it based on the date.

fathomer

Balls, I can’t do the 20th 😥

takisawa2

Is it doable on a tail of the hard variety?

It didnt seem to bother the chap on a Salsa Fargo that I passed back in May.

Been twice now, with work mates to walk it.
    Both times in May.
    Both times pee’d it down all the way up & all the way down.
    Never again.
    If you get a nice day I’d buy a lottery ticket too.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

[bookmarked for later]

johnnygooner
    Free Member

I’m good for either the 20th or the 27th. If it goes well on the 20th I might even consider doing the 27th as well! Darkside,
    I’m also travelling from Chester!

plumber
    Free Member

The riding isnt the issue with Snowdon its the weather

I ridden it 4 times with various bikes including rigid the only difference is your speed

I’ve also been twice and called it off before even getting out of the car due to rain/wind – Its not fun on the top section if its windy although I’ve been up when it was snowing with no problem

If you get the right day its a brilliant ride

Dark-Side

Bugger, it looks like I can’t get out of my prior engagement for the 20th after all. How about the 27th then?

johnnygooner – Member
    I’m good for either the 20th or the 27th. If it goes well on the 20th I might even consider doing the 27th as well! Darkside,
    I’m also travelling from Chester!

Well that can work as a lift share I guess then Johnny!

scblurlt
    Free Member

20th is good for me , coming from cheshire in 4×4 pickup with room for two extra peps and bikes , and if weather turns against for the 2oth happy to try again on the 27th

grum
    Free Member

Think I could do 27th. It would give me a few weeks to try and get a bit fitter!

hora
    Free Member

We are riding it this Sat if anyones about

Junkyard
    Free Member

not sure you need to be any fitter Grum as most mortals will walk large sections anyway- I dont recall it being as hard as Skiddaw up the zig zags though it was a while agoe so I amy have just blocked it out.
    you can ride it on anything though a FS would be my choice.
    I agree weather is the issue as big winds means I am oot

maxtorque

Cool, lets call it the 20th then, and have a mid morning start if poss to allow people to collect from all 4 corners of the UK! (With the option to bug out if the weather looks terrible…..)

Junkyard
    Free Member

I will be heading over form Manchester way if anyone wants a lift
    i will be deciding on weather long before I set off!!

scblurlt
    Free Member

So which is it 20th or 27th ????

Junkyard
    Free Member

20 th and a splitters for the 27 th
    I will let the OP start a seperate one with date and meet time and perhaps grum /someone else for the 27 th.

scblurlt
    Free Member

Either date for me , have always wanted to do this trip , and my mates keep jibbing out on me

timc
    Free Member

if weather not ideal why not a ride at Penmachno or similar?

hora
    Free Member

Why is it that walkers get the best weather/time of year and cyclists have to work round them? Doesn’t seem right does it.

robj20
    Free Member

Yes, seems logical to me considering pedestrians have right of way on bridleways.
    “Cyclists using a bridleway are also obliged to give way to other users on foot or horseback.”

We get ample time to ride it. I wouldn’t want to ride it during busy times.
    I’m tempted to join you but i prefer to go real early during the summer months.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes hora we should indeed be charging down the bridleway when it is heaving with walkers …what could possibly go wrong?

IIRC it was causing real problems and the issue was a threat if a FULL ban so a voluntary agreement was reached so they could walk safely and we could ride it a bit faster and equally safely.

rhid

This sounds like it could be fun, I could do either date and I work in llanberis so could provide upto date weather updates if necessary!

johnnygooner
    Free Member

So, with all of the above in mind where and when for meeting up on which date?

Lifer
    Free Member

Google reckons it’s a 5 hour drive for me so I’m thinking I might have a day/half at BikePark Wales on the Saturday (19th) to break up the drive…

Dark-Side

johnnygooner – Member
    So, with all of the above in mind where and when for meeting up on which date?

It looks like there is interest for both dates then. I really am going to struggle for the 20th, so I’d rather aim for the 27th so I can start planning. I am happy to do the logistics for the 27th, someone else will have to take up the mantle for the ride on the 20th. If you wanted to do the 27th Johnny, we can car share if you are interested. I’m happy to drive.

tmb467
    Free Member
    robj20
    Free Member

It sure is, this was from my last visit.

maxtorque

Think we need a list! Lists are good!, so i’ll start

Maxtorque, 20th, Northampton

grum
    Free Member

Grum
    27th
    Hebden Bridge
    Berlingo

🙂

Dark-Side

Dark Side
    27th
    Chester
    Space for two more in the car

grum
    Free Member

Actually I guess it works better like maxtorque did it, and people could copy and paste it and add themselves, so:

20th

maxtorque, Northampton

27th

Grum, Hebden Bridge, room for 2 more
    Dark Side, Chester, room for 2 more

Day or half day at Antur Stiniog on the 26th sounds good. 🙂

scblurlt
    Free Member

27th for me

scblurlt , nantwich , room for three more

Junkyard
    Free Member

20th

maxtorque, Northampton
    Junkyard Lancashire room for 1 possibly two

27th

chrism110
    Free Member

20th
    maxtorque, Northampton
    Junkyard Lancashire room for 1 possibly two
    27th
    Chrism110, Wirral room for one more

hora
    Free Member

Can I get away with a EXO Ardent on the rear?

eddie11
    Free Member

If you’ve got anything dual ply hanging around I’d stick it on for the day. You’re not going to win any records on the way up anyway and you seem to pick up speed so easily on the ranger path it’s easy to pinch. Not done it tubeless mind.

hora
    Free Member

Ah got it. Have a dualply tacky swampthing in the shed

SOAP
    Free Member

I used a Spesh purgatory tubeless on the back and got a split, would use dual ply roller/minion next time so I can go faster 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

no one punctured when we did and i neither asked nor noticed what tyres folk had
    I doubt dual ply is required but if you have it it might be with bothering

stomlinson
    Free Member

Does anyone have an estimated time up then down? Cheers

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon, anyone fancy it?’ is closed to new replies.