Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Snowdon, anyone cycled up? Any tips for me?
  • gthurlow
    Free Member

Planning to cycle up snowdon early morning on a day in August, anyone ridden it? What’s the best route up and best coming down of course?

I’m medium fit rider with a cube ltd race hardtail, doing it solo and just want to get the best experience to and from the summit as possible really.

Thanks

_tom_
    Free Member

We went up the Llanberis path and down the Rangers, crossing over the telegraph place with all the water bars. It was really fun, probably the best day out I’ve had on a bike this year. The climb up isn’t too bad, even on my heavy DH bike! I found the steep road bit at the start the worst. There are some horrible bits you have to push up like the stepped bit before the 2nd railway bridge, then just after that it gets steep and loose, but you’re most of the way there by then 🙂

steveh

As above up the railway track and down the rangers and telegraph valley. Expect to ride around 2/3 of the way up and walk the rest. The earlier you’re at the top the better, I’d be setting off at first light for a quiet run back down.

gthurlow
    Free Member

Great thank for the heads up, so about 4 hours up and back down do you think?

Want to head down to coed y brenin after I’m done at Snowdon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon, anyone cycled up? Any tips for me?’ is closed to new replies.