Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Snowdon – a different question
  • lucien

Honest!

Am thinking of staying at Beddgelert Forest and doing Snowdon from the door and not taking a car; so…

Is the 1st part of the Rangers path from the A4085 rideable (either up or down, or both)?
    Is the Rhyd Ddu Path, marked as a Bridleway on the map, navigable by bike, again up or down or both?

Cheers

scruff
    Free Member

Years and years ago I could ride up the switchback path from the YHA up to Telegragh Valley.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Rangers – Down yes, up no
    Rhyd Dhu – Down yes (harder than Rangers apparently), up no

Only way up which is nearly all rideable is from Llanberis. Every other way is going to be 99% hike-a-bike carrying.

Edit – Oh yes, forgot about the Telegraph valley, I imagine that would be a rideable climb too.

portlyone

I’d imagine the majority of part after the switchbacks to the summit would be trials only.

Rhyd Ddu is supposed to be rideable downwards but not done it.

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve walked the rangers path and out of all the others on Snowdon it’s probably one of the easier to bike up I would have thought.

Not sure on the Rhyd Ddu path.

Junkyard
    Free Member

No way up is 99% ridable not matter what the Internet tells you

LLanberis is certainly the easiest way though

iolo
    Free Member

iolo
    Free Member

portlyone
    ndthornton
    Free Member

I’ve walked the rangers path and out of all the others on Snowdon it’s probably one of the easier to bike up I would have thought.

Are you Danny MacAskill?
    Its barely ridable pointing downhill!
    Great fun though

RustySpanner

You can ride up or down Telegraph Valley.

You can ride the bit of the Rangers from the A4085 to where it meets the continuation of the Telegraph Valley path at the saddle.
    Only ridden down and walked up it, but I don’t see any problem if you’re fit enough.

SOAP
    Free Member

I would pay to see someone clear this.

Llanberis path.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

You could ride further to waunfawr go up over Cefn du and ride down to llanberis to join the telegraph valley path.

Pook

Soap – annoying how pics flatten the hill eh? Rode it on Saturday in fog

milky1980
    Free Member

Was up there Sunday in the fog, bloody freezing at the top of Ranger’s!!

Perfectly possible to ride up from the A4085 to the Telegraph Valley turning. Really fast back down too.

The Llanberis path used to be 50/50 ride/hike but more of it is being made to be like SOAP’s picture (bad enough walking on the stuff!) so getting less rideable. Had loads of helibags full of slabs on the side for this round of ‘repairs’ so will get worse.

molgrips
    Free Member

I rode almost all of Llanberis 15-odd years ago. I don’t remember it being particularly steep very often.

RustySpanner

molgrips – Member

I rode almost all of Llanberis 15-odd years ago. I don’t remember it being particularly steep very often.

Really?

The zig-zag path up through the quarry?
    Other way from Dinorwig up to Marchlyn Mawr?
    Up the Fachwen?
    Sling to Mynydd Llandegai and down to Bethesda?
    Brynrefail to Deiniolen isn’t too bad, but the last bit up past the SPAR and back up to bus stop quarry is a genuine, utter, complete bastard.
    Up Ceunant Street past the campsite up to Telegraph Valley?

Any of those not, in the biblical sense, properly, horribly, steep?

rickon
    Free Member

Rusty – I’m pretty sure Molgrips meant he rode all of the Llanberis Path. Not all of the routes from and into Llanberis.

Maybe you already knew that are were just being pedantic 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

your memory is fading then

RustySpanner

I’ve been a bit of a tool again, haven’t I?

Sorry if that was the case. 😐

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon – a different question’ is closed to new replies.