Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Snowdon..
  • professorfaceplant
    Free Member

I have never been before and seeing No_eyed_deer’s post last week has spurred me on to doing this.

can anyone recommend the best route up then down? and is it possible/legal to camp at the summit?

also coz i’m fat/lazy/want to get to CYB is it possible to take the bike up on the train?

lowey

Park at Ranger Station. Go up the zig zags then cut left and descend Telegraph valley to llanberis. Climb tourist track to summit, then descend the full length of the rangers.

Camping at the top ? Dunno if its legal, but there is nowhere to put pegs, plus will be bloody nippy up there. You could always sneak in the Bogs in the cafe.

Cant take bike on train.

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

Ace, thanks Lowey

Nonsense
    Free Member

I went up Llanberis path and down Ranger in the summer. Think that’s how most people do it. Really good fun, make sure you figure the comfiest way to shoulder your bike though.

Dan1502
    Free Member

We bivvied at the top of Snowdon when we were in Scouts. We just got in our sleeping bags and bivvy bags around the back of the cafe. I can’t remember what time of year it was though but it was dry.

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

you can start at llanberis, take llanberis path to summit , descend ranger path about half way and turn right into telegraph valley and back to llanberis(like what lowey said but starting and finishing in llanberis).the legality of camping at the summit shouldnt be an issue cos there wont be any cops there . what mountain bike had an article about snowdon earlier this year, tells you all you need to know. if you only ever visit wales once every mountain biker should do snowdon at least once !!

chiefP
    Free Member

If you get 2 good weather days it will be sweet….walk/lug up the Bike just before sunset…watch the sunset…..camp behind the cafe, nothing wrong with camping up there loads do it…..wake up and watch sunrise…..head down the Rangers……Pete’s Eat’s for Breakfast…..job done

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

the latest mbuk has snowdon in its pull out route guide

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon..’ is closed to new replies.