Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Snowdon
  • tomwelsh
    Free Member

I read alot about people riding down the Rangers track down Snowdon, but does anybody know what the PYG/Miners tracks are like? They sound like more of a challenge though I imagine some of it will be un-rideable (for me at least!)
    Also anyone who’s spent any time around there, are there any lockers near by I could leave stuff in, as was going to ride it one day and walk along the Crib Goch ridge another, need different things for each, don’t want to carry it all! (aswell as not wanting to carry my bike along the ridge!)
    Thanks

comedyphil
    Free Member

Haven’t ridden them myself, but the Pyg track and the “descent” bit of the miners track are both footpaths, so depending upon your view of cheeky trails and the already delicate situation with MTBers and Snowdon, I personally wouldn’t be considering them as routes – let alone for the fact that the Miners track is basically one long series of steps to lose most of the height, and then wide, easy flattish path back to Pen-y-Pass.

If you don’t want to do the Rangers path, there’s also Rhyd Ddu, coming south off the summit. But the Rangers path is great!

plecostomus
    Free Member

Don’t ride them you will cause a load more hassle than there already can be. You wouldn’t ride the miners track at a too steep then flat.

takisawa2

Having walked up/down both I’d say don’t bother. Too dangerous, too stupid, too crowded.

tomwelsh
    Free Member

Alright, will probably stick to the Rangers track if I go then. Thanks

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above they are definitely footpaths, we walked up Miners down Pyg last year (Miners not really rideable in my opinion anyway, it’s a mix of motorway “fireroad” and hike-a-bike). There are a few options down the rangers path side, search on here. Make sure you arrive early as car parks are small and fill up quickly. We got “ticketed” for parking along withn dozens of other cars on what we thought was reinforced verge for exactly that purpose.

If you have a head for heights you can do the “horseshoe” via Crib Cough to Snowden then back down via Y Lliwed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Snowdon’ is closed to new replies.