Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • SnowDome – Learning Snowboarding
  • Milkie
    Free Member

My mate wants to learn to snowboard. We’re thinking of doing a Fast Track course at the Snowdome. Any recommendations or a better alternative?

I have only every dry slope skied, and that was well over 15 years ago.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not sure what alternatives there are, particularly at this time of year.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I did a day at the Snowdome.

Picked it up really quickly and was doing the full slope before the end of the day.

Went on hols a month later and had difficulty turning one way. Lost my skillz

I would still have lessons once away to improve. I went back to the ski’s.

Two kids now so not been in 5 years 🙁

GrahamS

Snowdome are great places to learn, IF you get a small group and go when it is quiet. (Ideally summer!)

My common point on boarding threads: join Snowboard Club UK – you’ll get discounts off slope time and lessons at most of the UK domes.

stevew
    Free Member

Well wort learning at snowdomes.

Agree that you can loose skills though, may be worth having three or four shorter sets of lessons so you gradually build up time at the dome before you go away, you may be able to get away with no lessons when you get there.

gixer-chris
    Free Member

Yeah learning at snowdomes is the best way – not dry ski slopes.

Do a Fast Track course, then stay over at a local hotel and go back in the morning and cement your skillzzzz. Or do what I did, go back in the morning and totally forget everything they taught you, fall over lots and give up for 6 months. Then try again, somehow improve for not doing it at all, go over a box and land flat on your bum and not poo for days, then have another 2 month gap. Go back again, and it all comes together! 😛

McHamish
    Free Member

Definately should learn before you go…the holiday itself is expensive and you don’t want to spend the entire time on your a$$.

My wife will be learning for her first trip in February, and we’ll either go to MK or Hemel.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’d you’re going to the one at tamworth watch out for the inside line from the top, gets icy as ****!! 😯

Milkie
    Free Member

He now wants to go to the Milton Keynes one, apparently its better than the Tamworth one.

Will my achiles tendon hold up to snowboarding, or is it all in the knees!

I’ll check out the Snowboard UK Club.

McHamish
    Free Member

Can you stand on tip toes with your achiles tendon? If not you might struggle.

Milkie
    Free Member

C’mon Servers!!! I cannot see any posts.. 👿

fontmoss
    Free Member

yeah seems like any older threads are empty now :'(

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘SnowDome – Learning Snowboarding’ is closed to new replies.