Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Snowden in simple terms
  • stevedoc
    Free Member

Planning on a trip up Snowden next Saturday (24th) so still under the agreement, Im planning on starting around 7am so summit and back down the ranger path, What im asking is for the definitive ruling as the map here http://www.cyclingnorthwales.co.uk/pages/snowdn_volunt.htm shows only some of the route is affected , or is it me being a bit of a thicky please advise

spacey

Where are you starting from?

If doing the Llanberis path up then Rangers down then you link it back to Llanberis with Telegraph Valley which is the bridleway shown on the map you linked which isn’t part of the agreement, so you’re free to ride that after 10am.

Marin
    Free Member

As far as I know bottom half of Ranger path back to Nantle Valley that is past Telegraph Valley turn off is not effected by the ban.

jekkyl

the ban doesn’t affect anywhere on Snowden so you can ride anywhere on his face you like!

cp

Snowden in simple terms

Snowden:-

Snowdon:-

😉

canopy
    Free Member

😀

i thought of that fella from the type in this posts title too..

OP.. its snowdon not snowden

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mountain.

Not a mountain.

(Edit – Great minds! )

stevedoc
    Free Member

Thank you Spacey ,that’s what I was getting at, we did it on Boxing day with 40-60 mph gusts and still knocked it all out within 3 hours ,just making sure the Telegraph path was not affected by the voluntary ban 🙂

Marin
    Free Member

Drum Mountain off A55 very good alternative. Much quieter super fast bit techy descent. summit to sea.

mildbore

Ooh Marin, that sounds interesting, whereabouts is it?

globalti
    Free Member

Near Snowdon!

phiiiiil

I wish somebody would tell Snowden to stand up straight, every single picture of him has him leaning over slightly, it’s got to be bad for his posture.

Marin
    Free Member

You park at Abber Falls( big long Welsh name I cant spell) past Conwy before Bangor. Basic big up and down. Down can be nicely split into 2. First half rocky second half grassy. Original route put in by WW2 engineers for training then jeep drivers trained on it.

mildbore

Cheers Marin, got it now, will give that a go next time I’m out that way

carlos
    Free Member

If your thinking of riding The Drum and fancy a bit more than an out and back, then might be worth picking up a copy of this –

http://www.bikemaps.co.uk/wales-mtb/conwy-mountain-biking.htm

its good to get started round there with and has options for adding extra stuff as little loops on the way out or way back across the ridge above Penmaenmawr

mildbore

That’s great Carlos, got half a plan with a mate to ride Snowdon after the ban and that route will deffo go into the mix, we’re always looking for other stuff to do while we are out that way so ta muchly

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Snowden in simple terms’ is closed to new replies.