Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Snowboards and planes
  • RegP
    Free Member

Morning all, i am off next week and we are going to fly for the first time to go boarding.

I have a burton wheely locker and just wondered if there was any advice as should I leave bindings attached to the board or loose. Will only have board binding and boots in the bag so there will be lots of room.

oh flying with easyjet, so cannot fully load the bag to pad the boards etc.

Thanks

Creg

I always removed mine from the board whenever I flew just for added protection. However I also packed everything I needed into the wheely bag in order to get around luggage allowances but this was before they started getting super strict on allowances and didn’t weigh boardbags

jamiep
    Free Member

If you’re not fully loading your bag (ie padding) then there’s a slight chance the bindings will get twisted when bashed about by baggage handlers.

I’d take them off and then put the boots in and strap them up. Then wrap them in an item of clothing etc so they dont scratch your top sheet

edit: over the last few years, eayjet are starting to get a bit ar$ey about cramming everything into one, heavy bag

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Snowboards and planes’ is closed to new replies.