Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Snowboard bindings question
  • Hareydan
    Free Member

I’ve just picked up a 2nd pair of flow bindings from eBay, but they didn’t come with the fixing screws. I have some screws from an old pair of bindings, but they’re not long enough. I’ve done a bit of research and it seems like binding screws come in a few common lengths, so I thought I’d measure my old ones to get an idea of what length I need. So, my question is, what do I measure? The length of the threaded part is 12mm and the overall length of the screw is 16mm, both of which are common screw lengths, according to the website I’ve been looking at. Thanks in advance!

Hareydan
    Free Member

Dammit, too late to edit! I meant 2nd hand pair of flow bindings, I’m not some sort of posh, 2 pairs of flow bindings owning fancy pants! 😉

colp

Use flows myself, can come off a chair lift and get in the back binding without stopping 🙂

I can’t remember the length you need, but be very careful you don’t use too long and dent the base of your board. I had to modify by Burton board’s ICS slider sockets (grind down), then use shorter screws than supplied to work with my Flows, just couldn’t get them to stop moving with the standard fittings.

legend
    Free Member

colp – Member
    Use flows myself, can come off a chair lift and get in the back binding without stopping

Pfft, I can do that with Burtons, and I’m shit 😉

Hareydan
    Free Member

Cheers colp, my plan is that people will be so impressed by my bindings no-one will notice I can’t actually snowboard…

Woody
    Free Member

As it happens I was checking mine (F-11’s) tonight.

Threaded part of screw is 14mm, with total including head of 18mm. This gives 5 full turns to tighten once thread has caught.

I like them a lot, just so easy, quick and comfy. If you haven’t used Flows before, make sure you get them set up properly as it will save a lot of hassle and is the reason (possibly) why there are so many knockers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Snowboard bindings question’ is closed to new replies.