• This topic has 33 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by devs.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Snowage
  • matt_outandabout

Who else has snow? Rather perversely I am looking forward to a cold winters paddling, climbing and ski-ing…Whoop!

trailmonkey

pervert

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

There was some on the Ochil’s this morning – didn’t see any on the Pentlands though.

rOcKeTdOg

i hear the upper lifts may be open this weekend on the top slopes of the NW Alps, but i’ve not been up to check today

druidh
    Free Member

Ben Wyvis was plastered this morning.

molgrips
    Free Member

I love snow and cold 🙂

steveh

Where have you got snow matt? Your profile says south yorkshire!

Houns

I’m going to attempt an ascent of the North Face of the Col Du Clent tomorrow before descending down the South West Face, crampons and ice axes packed

j_me
    Free Member

Perthshire hills looking pretty under a full moon with a liberal dusting of snow.

Stoner
    Free Member

The Mt Malvern glacier means we get year round snow here.

matt_outandabout

We had -5 last Tuesday…and I had a few flakes while sailing on Wednesday…Our other centre in Cairngorms were ski-ing on Thursday… 🙂
    I am in Killin (not south yorks anymore), off for first winter walk tomorrow with the kids – woke up this morning to this:

Cur

rOcKeTdOg

be more ice on the Malvern glacier this year now Malvern water is stopping production 🙁

Northwind

Coo, the falls are high there aren’t they… I remember when I was wee there was one year they were almost completely dry, we were walking around on the riverbed looking at the crazy erosion patterns… Think we walked out to that tree, or maybe that was just on the other side of the remaining fast channel, not sure. Wouldn’t fancy that now!

Just been gritted here, I can hear the motorbike crying itself to sleep in the garage.

Stoner
    Free Member

too true rD. Sad day in colwall.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yep, have not been that high the few times I’ve been, this was last year:

druidh
    Free Member

Out for a ride yesterday….

ton

matt………..those hills look a bit differant to when i rode over them a month ago………..seems longer….. 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

OMG! Stop it! No snow please!!!! Brrrrrrrrr!
    HRM recorded yesterday:
    Temp Min. 20ºC
    Temp Max. 31ºC
    Temp Avg. 25ºC

And may it stay that way…

epicyclo

Isle of Harris 3 days ago:

On the way back, the north side of Ben Wvyis was completely white with snow. Looks promising 🙂

tony_m
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member
    Isle of Harris 3 days ago:

Just got back from 3 weeks up on Lewis, all we had our way was the usual wind and rain! 🙁

Well, apart from a handful of days like this… 🙂

epicyclo

tony_m – Member
    Just got back from 3 weeks up on Lewis…

One thing you’re guaranteed in Lewis or Harris is weather, and lots of it. 🙂

I should have taken my Pompino too – the roads were empty.

That pic looks familiar – where is it?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Perthshire hills looking pretty under a full moon with a liberal dusting of snow.

+1 I rode over from Kinross to Dunning and saw the snow over the Perthshire hills.

jordie
    Free Member

i hate snow

matt_outandabout

Northwind – Member
    Coo, the falls are high there aren’t they.

No, this is fairly high. It does go up round the tree trunk in the middle at times…always been to dark to get a pic though.

And some proper winter walking was enjoyed by my staff today…

sweepy
    Free Member

Bloody hell thats high.

tony_m
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member
    One thing you’re guaranteed in Lewis or Harris is weather, and lots of it.

Indeed… 8)

I should have taken my Pompino too – the roads were empty.

That pic looks familiar – where is it?
    It’s looking across Loch Thorasaidh towards Loch Eireasort, from the road dropping down into Cromor. We parked up just outside Baile Ailein and rode over to Cromor, then looped back round through Calbost and Grabhair. Only about 30 miles, but a darn good 30 miles! 🙂

epicyclo

A bit twisty that bit.

My grandfather used to live in Cromor many years ago.

tony_m
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member
    A bit twisty that bit.

My grandfather used to live in Cromor many years ago.
    And a bit upsy-downsy! 😆

Stu_N

Strathtay #2 by Stu_N, on Flickr

Reckon snow down to about 700m in the southern Highlands. Good day of riding for us, but superb scenery – seeing the Black Mount from above Pitlochry is pretty good going in my book.

24 Oct 2010 – view from Craigower by Stu_N, on Flickr

birky
    Free Member

Lecht today …

epicyclo

Looks like I built my fatbike just in time 🙂

Northwind

matt_outandabout – Member

“No, this is fairly high. It does go up round the tree trunk in the middle at times…always been to dark to get a pic though.”

Bugger me 😯 They’re scary enough when they’re at their normal level. Must be mad having that in the front garden.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

we got snow last weds and its sticking about.. mind its 1400m up but its feeling like it now 😉 great

winter tyres and snow chains at the ready 😉

devs
    Free Member

Aye it’s been a cold week. I went to Dornoch on Wed and there was snow down to sea level. Golspie looked pretty white! I think Ben Rinnes which I can see from my house has been white since then but TBH breaks in the hail and rain have been few and far between. Having said that I have had 2 cracking (dry) local rides this weekend even if it hasn’t been too far above freezing. Getting warm and something approaching normal temperatures soon.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Snowage’ is closed to new replies.