Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Snow Wolf on TV
  • richpips
    Free Member

Just finished part 1, part 2 tomorrow.

Well worth watching.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04w7wnf/snow-wolf-family-and-me-episode-1

cinnamon_girl

Enjoyed that although I did have a bit of an issue with him dropping in on their territory in such a manner.

What I did find fascinating were those musk oxen, massive creatures, massive coats and a right old temper to boot! Jeez, they were terrifying. 😯

Crell
    Free Member

Only saw the end. Enjoyed it and it was very similar to what he did with the polar bears last year. Got mildly irritated though – despite the fact he could saunter up to the den and call for the pups when he was ” concerned” he could “never intervene”.
    🙄

Yep, the speed of that Musk Ox going after the wolf was a real eye opener. Not an animal to be messed with.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I find him irritating. The Polar bear one annoyed me where he put himself in that glass cage thing and basically baited the bear to come and try and eat him. God knows how many calories and how much energy the Polar bear burnt trying to get to him. I was kind of hoping that the bear would break in.

His voice and manner annoy me too. 😮

cinnamon_girl

Can weigh up to 410kg and 5′ tall at the shoulder.

Crell
    Free Member

CG It was more the apparent 37 mph average sustainable speed of the thing and the rate it got there that didn’t seem to sit along side side something weighing over 400 kg 🙂

Chunky, agreed on all those points. I was also egging the bear on, though they’d have no doubt shot it. You’re right about the irony of whole energy conservation / expenditure point? He does take some cracking shots though, I just wish he’d stay behind the camera and talk less (certainly about himself)

cinnamon_girl

Crell – thought I misheard that speed, obviously not! Such an ungainly creature when going flat out, it didn’t look efficient at all.

Haven’t seen the presenter before, found him a tad annoying to be honest although won’t stop me watching the second part.

cinnamon_girl
    ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

The one where he annoyed followed the bears got tiresome. I know the ‘Hey Bear’ thing he kept on saying was necessary to not spook the bears and maybe let the bear hear a familiar sound and voice.

I was just hoping the bear would turn around and say ‘HEY DICKWAD’, then rip his face off.

Sitting in the woods, foraging, eating berries and minding your own business… ‘Hey bear’

ARGH!

jam1e
    Free Member

I prefer the Lone Wolf…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KRhAQEmJlw[/video]

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

This documentary is ace.

Radioactive Wolves of Chernobyl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK99dvJO5PY

takisawa2

That documentary, “Dog Soldiers”, frightened me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Snow Wolf on TV’ is closed to new replies.