Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Snow tyres (for the car) – worth it?
  • the_lecht_rocks

aviemoron – i'd have to wholeheartedly agree. i cannot understand, having now experienced the benefits of my Michelin Alpin's, why it's not compulsory up North, here ! ? !

Edukator
    Free Member

Michelin Alpins. Worth it? Yes.

br
    Free Member

When we lived in Germany it was pretty normal to run 2 sets of wheels/tyres and pay a 'contract' for a tyre place to store and change them – but not compulsary. Although quite amusing to see AMG Mercs and the like with narrow wheels under huge arches.

For the UK I'd say that if you live in a remote/hilly place its probably a good idea to get a spare set of steels and winter tyres, otherwise just stay at home on those odd days when its unsafe – or alternatively buy a decent 4×4 and learn how to drive it.

Edukator
    Free Member

Winter tyres are no longer compulsory in Germany (they still are in Austria) but you are obliged to immediately stop and park your car if you don't have tyres suitable for the conditions New German law A similar law for the UK would save lives I'm sure. Remember the cyclists killed by the guy that lost control on ice?

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Snow tyres (for the car) – worth it?’ is closed to new replies.