Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Snow Socks
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Sorry did not inspect . They were winters though. It went from them not being able to get over the bridge into work to not worrying about driving at all – even my rwd part time 4×4 went up that bridge sideways when icy on aggressive muds hard as hell compound in cold not winter tires….. (Which happens even more often than snow around here )

molgrips
    Free Member

Kryton yes, I could not find anything on ebay. I ended up paying £20 each I think, but it was hard finding someone to sell me wheels on their own without tyres.

footflaps

My wife works for Kia and they all get issued with snow socks for winter for the company cars (they’re somewhere in the attic as yet unused).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    v8ninety

A certain large NHS ambo service where I’m from rely on auto socks as a get you to the hospital come what may solution for all front line response vehicles in the white stuff; whether that is sensible or not is not for me to say. Considerably cheaper than changing the entire 800+ fleet onto winter tyres though, so I’m told by someone who has done the maths.

Northwind

Without knowing any details it’s hard to say, but, the actual cost of change depends on whether or not you normally fit tyres to your vehicles. If you drive around on the rims, it’s significant but if you’re buying winter tyres instead of normal tyres, it’s smaller

Kryton57

Genuine question – apart from looks, material and price is there any disadvantage of steels over alloys?

Thanks

perchypanther
    Free Member

Genuine question – apart from looks, material and price is there any disadvantage of steels over alloys?

Increased danger from huge electromagnets?

Kryton57

Arse, I know there was a catch…. 🙂

I know it sounds a silly question, I just want to make sure I haven’t missed something.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Snow Socks’ is closed to new replies.