Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Snow Roads Audax Route – Anyone fancy it June some time?
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Here’s the route.

http://www.mapmyride.com/s/routes/view/bike-ride-map/united-kingdom/kirriemuir/970907

Roughly 300km with 5000m of ascent I think. Takes anything from 10hrs and up. Probably 14hrs for a group who are plodding round. Plenty of food stops, some lovely quiet roads, nice climbs and warp speed descents.

Who is up for it?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Looks fantastic, but no way I am fit enough to commit 😯

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It is fantastic and you will easily be fit enough to commit. Riding that distance is pretty much all in the head.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Game but no free weekends in June

fasthaggis

We do the Deeside loop every year.
    Dundee – Cairn a mount – Braemar -Dundee.
    That’s 150 in old money and easy enough, if there is no faffing about and everyone sets off on time (start early ,finish early).
    A couple of our group did the snow roads Audax last year and said it was a great run.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

No – it’s pretty much all in the legs.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Once you get past 100 miles or so it doesnt get any more painful, so it’s a head game. Very few escape route helps too.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Bumpety Bump.

fasthaggis

Tempted .

Have the Cairngorm 100 in June ,but that would be good extra leg miles for Kielder 🙂

13thfloormonk

Fasthaggis, see you there!

SBZ, very interested, will need to see how the knee holds up, seems OK when pedalling so think I’ll be OK for long road rides.

I’m booked pretty solid in June though, might only manage the last weekend.

fasthaggis

We are going to cycle down (to Dundee ,via the Lecht)next day if you want some extra miles 13FM
    😉

13thfloormonk

Well actually… I had been planning to ride back the next day, either to Fort William via Spean Bridge or Pitlochry via Braemar. How many miles is it to Dundee? What sort of pace you thinking of?

(apologies if that wasn’t a genuine invite! 😀 )

fasthaggis

I think the plan is to go back up to Speybridge then on to the Lecht road and across to Braemar ,then down through Blairgowrie.
    We don’t leave anyone behind so the pace will be set by the person that had the hardest time at the 100 🙂 .
    We are going up on the Friday night (must get something booked 🙄 )and someone is driving the gear back for us on the Sunday so we don’t have to carry too much on the bikes.

13thfloormonk

Sounds great, almost what I’d planned to do anyway. I might peel off to Pitlochry or Dunkeld depending on train times etc.

I’ll email you and give SBZ his thread back.

druidh
    Free Member

I’m keen, but June is likely a no-no. Need to look at my diary….

mustard
    Free Member

I’d be up for this too, should be pretty flexible – date wise that is!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’m keen but no weekends in June either, and busy 2nd and 3rd weekend in july too…doing a silly 2 day route in wales of 200+miles with 23,000ft of climbing so would be nice to do something of similar distance up here.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Prbably be in morrocco working but if im no ill tag along

philfingers
    Free Member

Hi,
    Been googling this Snowroads Audax and stumbled across this site, so registered.
    I’m signed up for this event, need to get some training in the next few weeks as I’ve done 48miles this year.
    Looking forward to it tho, we’re staying (4 of us) in the Glenprosen Hostel. Anyone else staying there?

Phil
    Worcestershire

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What weekends are people available? It’s best to go for a very very early start with this one AND take lights.

radoggair
    Free Member

i may be interested. I’ll keep an eye on this thread

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Snow Roads Audax Route – Anyone fancy it June some time?’ is closed to new replies.