Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Snow riding, how hard!
  • oldgit
    Free Member

The other day it was fine riding through virgin snow, great in fact.
    No though with all the ruts, footprints, hoof prints etc as well as freezing off, I confess I'm finding it very hard going.
    And I'm as hard as they come 😀 so don't bother with the MTFUs

Tracker1972
    Free Member

It really is disproportionately hard though isn't it? More mentally tiring as well and proper arm pump on descents.
    Would have loved a ride today but had to go back to school, bloody opened again! Sigh… 😉

Trekster

had to pedal down a hill on Monday that is usually a 35mpher ❗

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

I found it difficult at first but getting better at it now. If only I could stop my freehub freezing… that really makes things more difficult 🙄

ton

i am proper knackered with riding in it for the last week.
    it was awesome when it was fresh, not it has become very hard work where trodden down.
    might put some slicks on tomorrow and go out on the aaaarrrggghhhhhh road……….. 😉

sharki
    Free Member

Today walk was lovely, now and again i got on and let the bike do the work…

What tyres for 3ft snow drifts?

I was up to my nuts trudging through earlier, LOLing as i went..

XC_PK
    Free Member

I had frozen cables too this morning. I have promoted(demoted?) the Blur to commuting duties over the last month, SS Tricross + Marathon Plus = I wasn't even going to try it!

coastkid
    Free Member

I found it difficult at first but getting better at it now. If only I could stop my freehub freezing… that really makes things more difficult

degrease your freehub then give it a blast with a hot air gun then pack it with graphite grease,if you know anyone working in machinery/garage etc… they can get you a tube of wurth graphite grease..this stuff works down to – 25C..did my full lenght cables and opened up sealed bearings too and added this..,it has graphite so if the grease gets washed out the graphite will stay and provides lube..alaskan mining equipment uses this stuff so as you can imagine should be ok here in the UK..

valleydaddy
    Free Member

gave up on a ride went out on a sledge – awesome fun, proper old school fun in the snow 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Snow riding, how hard!’ is closed to new replies.