Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Snow Foam Gun
  • j5kol
    Free Member

Has anyone used or have one, i am thinking of purchasing one to wash my new car as it seems like they are a better option than the age old bucket and sponge

alanf
    Free Member

Snow foam is OK but it wont get your car really clean. It’s mainly used as a pre-wash before doing the actual clean.

I use a citrus cleaner as my pre-wash as it’s much less faff than snow foam (Valet pro citrus) and you don’t need to buy a lance.

prawny

I got given the lance but just use car shampoo for now. I want to try the proper stuff but I don’t want to spend too much as the foam from the shampoo doesn’t do a huge amount of good.

Will quiz my valeter mate next week and see if he thinks its any good.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve been using use Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam for the last two years. It gets great reviews and I’ve found it does enough on its own that I don’t have to lay a sponge on the car.
    Can’t remember where the gun came from but it cost about £25.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve used one that goes on a karcher pressure jetter lance. Produced lots of foam but doesn’t clean the car unless all that’s on it is dust.

Can’t see how spraying foam over your car can remove dirt that needs to be wiped off. Also tried the demon shine stuff that’s in a bottle with a hose attachment – again doesn’t clean the car but it does smell nice 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ve been using one of those Demon Foam things on my hose to do my bikes and I suspect it was a bad idea. I now have noisy brakes and other squeaky bits and am a little concerned it may not be good for seals etc. Guess I can use the rest on my car

craigxxl
    Free Member

AS others have said it’s a pre-wash to loosen the dirt before you clean with the two bucket method. Saying that I find it quicker to do the snowfoam then the buckets with better results too.
    I had the Karcher FJ10 snowfoam lance to start with which is pretty good but designed for their own bottles of snowfoam. You can reuse the bottles with your choice of cleaner but I found the release button for the bottle was too sensitive and would realise too readily.
    My new Karcher jet wash came with the FJ6 lance but it’s not as good to use and produces a very weak foam.
    For my birthday my brother got me the Autobrite snowfoam lance which I’ve been using with Autofinesse Avalanche snowfoam and it’s is really good combination. The snowfoam comes out like shaving foam and really clings to the car removing a lot more dirt as works it way down the car. Surprisingly it uses a lot less of the product too.
    The lance came with a sample bottle of Autobrites own snowfoam but I’ve found it pretty useless at both creating a thick foam or removing dirt off the car.

Milkie
    Free Member

Another vote for the Autobrite Snow Foam Lance. Well impressed. I have heard good things about the Valet Pro Citrus pre-wash, not tried it though.

wash my new car as it seems like they are a better option than the age old bucket and sponge

You still need to use a bucket and sponge, but don’t use a sponge, use a wash mitt and make sure you have grit guards in your buckets. Snow Foam is only a pre-wash, which helps reduce swirl marks from a wash mitt. It also helps by soaking ground in dirt, making it come off easily when washing. I Snow Foam, then while its doing its thing, fill up buckets, etc.

I use the 2 bucket method, oh and a third for the wheels. Separate wash mitts for washing and wheels, microfibre towels for drying. This all gets washed after each wash.

I would suggest Detailing World Forum, but you might end up down the rabbit hole of car cleaning.

mobes
    Free Member

I bought one of these lances for my Karcher – Lance and I use auto finesse snow foam. Really happy with it so far

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Snow Foam Gun’ is closed to new replies.