Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Snow Conditions In Lakes
  • alesupper
    Free Member

HI All

I’m thinking of doing this route tomorrow and wondered if snow on the bridleways will be a problem?

Map here…

Advice would be welcomed.

Cheers, Alesupper

boxelder

Based on what’s around keswick, you may get some drifts packed in behind hedges, but otherwise it’ll be fine.

nwilko
    Free Member

was riding ambleside / hodge / grizedale / packamoor over easter for 4days.. isolated drifts for fun other than that trails were eitehr bone dry and dusty if in the open or damp and soggy in the shade and out of the wind..
    didnt have to walk / push more than 50ft at a time..
    fireroads in grizedale were tedius due to having been snowploughed and losing the hard topcoat of gravel..
    other than that its the most weather resistant area in the lakes..

stufive
    Free Member

No probs with any of that there may be a bit of slippery stuff on oxen fell but nowt to really worry about, good route you got planned we did something similar on tue night http://connect.garmin.com/activity/292491682

postierich
    Free Member

You will be fine your not exactly going high are you on a cx bike! 😉

alesupper
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. The forecast looks great so I am looking forward to it.

Cheers, Alesupper

boxelder

Borrowdale Bash with extras for me today – only 5 mins of snow high up:

Family of walkers were a bit at the top wanting to come down, but worried they’d slide to their death. Not sure what they made of me in shorts and disco slippers carrying the bike up.

Otherwise pretty dry and dusty and fantastic weather.

boxelder

Buttermere fells before final descent:

peli

Hi alesupper witch
    way round do you do that ride of yours cheers peli.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Snow Conditions In Lakes’ is closed to new replies.