Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Snot question
  • molgrips
    Free Member

In theory would it be possible to shove a tube up my nose, possibly guided like an endoscope, and then suck out all the snot that’s currently making my head feel like a mucus balloon.

Stoner
    Free Member

its probably not snot, but inflamed sinus.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

It wouldn’t hurt to film it and try.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think it might be snot. It’s not painful like sinus inflammation, and if I hold my nose and blow I can hear fluid squitting about.

Stoner
    Free Member

an old party trick of mine was to snort a condom and pull it back through my mouth. Hold both ends and “pipeclean” my sinuses back and forth.

Harry_the_Spider

I had an infected sinus a few years back. It “let go” whilst I was talking to somebody. A jet of a tomato soup like substance squirted out of my nose.

I estimate it was about half a mug full.

molgrips
    Free Member

HTS that is truly abominable. I’m so glad I wasn’t there, and yet also curious. Did you get it on your shoes?

dawson

slight thread hijack – is it possible to become dehydrated from the amount of snot produced?

Squidlord
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A8lm3CHe4k[/video] NSFW

kevj
    Free Member

Does anyone else here produce more snot when out riding?

Serious question, how much more efficient can you be if you could recycle your snot as usable fluids?

Harry_the_Spider

HTS that is truly abominable. I’m so glad I wasn’t there, and yet also curious. Did you get it on your shoes?

I was at a HTN race talking to Phil Thingybob from British Cycling when it went bang. Luckily I was eating a bacon barm wrapped in a napkin which I used to catch the flow of orange gunk.

The shoes remained clean but I had to get another breakfast.

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

dawson, snot what they’re talking about…

ash.addy
    Free Member

Moons ago there was a terrible act people used to inflict on each other……. when asleep you’d sneak up all quiet like position yourself and the give a good blow…….down a sleeping fellows nose. it was disgusting but seemed to do the trick if you had a cold or not. there was a lot of bad feeling aboard that ship for some time.

Well it may help, that’s if you can persuade someone to blow down your nose.

user-removed
    Free Member

ash.addy – you’d want to be pretty sure the victim wasn’t about to sneeze. Or let loose with a torrent of infected sinus juice.

grtdkad

Does anyone else here produce more snot when out riding?

…for snot-rockets of course! I’d be interested to know why though!?

BruceWee

Harry the Spider, I bet you felt great after though?

I few years ago when I was gunked up beyond belief so I tried that thing where you suck some warm salty water up one nostril, hold it and then squirt the liquid out the other one. Seemed to work pretty well

mogrim

I’ve posted this one before, but it seems relevant to the discussion. My daughter:

Harry_the_Spider

Harry the Spider, I bet you felt great after though?

It was one of the best sensations ever!

However, once the inital snot-nami had passed the tomato soup just kept coming out of my head. The barm / napkin catching receptacle became overloaded so I just had to stumble off into the tree line with this stuff squirting out of my face and do a few snot rockets to clear it.

Being able to breathe through my nose again for the first time in a week was wonderful as was the drop in pressure in my face.

It took about a month to get my sense of smell back properly.

molgrips
    Free Member

One of STW’s finest ever pics mogrim 🙂

For those who care, I woke up with a sore chest instead of a stuffed head.. mostly gone now but I still sound pretty growly which will be fun on my conference call this morning 🙂

cranberry
    Free Member

One day she’s going to bring home some unsuitable gentleman – I’d hold on to and treasure that picture.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Snot question’ is closed to new replies.