Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Snorkeling and car keys.
  • nealglover
    Free Member

….I don’t have remote central locking

Leave it unlocked with the keys in. Nobody wants to steal it 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Au contraire. Seems theirs a healthy trade In land rover theft.

sockpuppet

Have kids: the endless amount of stuff you end up dragging to the beach is enough to disguise your keys from any family member who know without doubt where they are, let alone anyone who doesn’t.

Also, hide the keys inside what looks like a used nappy, hidden with the actual used nappies. No one’s looking there!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Not snorkelling but… when surfing wrap mine up in lots of cling film pop it in the specific wet suit pocket job done.

CountZero

Usually cars with fancy keys have a simple basic key supplied as well, for emergency purposes like the main key being lost and the spare being elsewhere, like at home.
    If the car’s a rental, surely the company should supply the basic backup key along with the whizzy master key?
    As someone said, some of the posher cars have a little key ‘blade’ that slides out of the main fob.

zippykona

Is a Fiat Doblo classed as posh?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Doubt it.

Why lock it ?

😀

nealglover
    Free Member

If the car’s a rental, surely the company should supply the basic backup key along with the whizzy master key?

In 25 years of regularly driving hire cars all over the UK/ Europe, I’ve never seen it happen so far.

CountZero

Is a Fiat Doblo classed as posh?

The ones I’ve driven I wouldn’t call that, but I hadn’t noticed if they had the slidey-out key jobby, most cars I pick up have the full complement of two or three, I think it was on Mercs I noticed the extra key that slides out of the main fob, possibly a couple of other makes as well.
    It’s not something we’re required to check for.

In 25 years of regularly driving hire cars all over the UK/ Europe, I’ve never seen it happen so far.

Ok, it was just a thought, I’ve only had one rental in my life, and that was tied to a trip to LA I won back in ’93, before they had such things, so I’ve no way of knowing what they do now.

kayak23

rather than a condom, a kids balloon. Far cheaper too.

Excellent idea. Filled with helium, he could tie his keys to it and the other end to his snorkel and his keys would safely follow him around floating clear of the water. 🙂

DickBarton

2 freezer bags and double bag the key…cheap, light and very effective. Just make sure as much air as possible is removed in each bag and they are both properly closed then stuff it in your shorts.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Also these proximity sensor keys…

If you want them not to work, say because you are using a key safe thingummy or fancy leaving your key under the bumper or whatnot, well simply wrap the key in tin foil.

Ey, tin foil works a treat as it stops the signal see..

HTHs.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I usually solve this problem by having a car so shite that no-one’s gonna steal it anyway – even with the keys in the ignition (which is where I normally leave them).

Works when biking/surfing.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Snorkeling and car keys.’ is closed to new replies.