• This topic has 25 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Snoring – any cures?
  • dawson

It seems I have developed a loud snore, to the point it is affecting the missus’ sleep – given that she has CFS and Fibromyalgia, her sleep is important to her (and me).

Has anybody any recomendations for any off the shelf cures? (before I get banished to the sofa 😉 )

molgrips
    Free Member

Insomnia.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

Off the shelf cures? Mrs Binners opts for….

I wish I was joking. I’m not 😳

molgrips
    Free Member

On a more serious note – gained weight recently?

binners

pie related snoring? You could be onto something there molly

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Or having a few beers through the week?

dawson

@ molgrips – nope, no weight gain – I am only about 11.5 stone (could do with putting weight on!)

@binners – I’ll suggest the ear plugs, but I can guess what the response will be! 😆

@yorkshire89 – I don’t drink, so its not beer

molgrips
    Free Member

Started rolling onto your back in the night?

grum
    Free Member

The link I posted has tests that are supposed to show the cause of your snoring (and sell you stuff to deal with it). Dunno how accurate it is but it seems quite comprehensive.

irelanst
    Free Member

Hayfever / Pet alergy?

brant
    Free Member

Snoring Ring.

Mackem

Separate room. Our lass sometimes snores extremely loudly, it’s the only way for me to get sleep sometimes. (last night for example, grrrr zzzzzz)

dawson

@grum – cheers – will try those tests

@molgrips – I always start off on my back (I can’t get to sleep any other way) my missus, then elbows me when I start snoring so that I roll onto my side

dawson

@brant – are those snoring rings a bit like those wrist bands that perform some magic elxir 😉

brant
    Free Member

@brant – are those snoring rings a bit like those wrist bands that perform some magic elxir

I’ve never tried magic wrist bands, but snoring rings work for me.

{edit} though I think they are spangly overpriced and I have had a similar effect by putting a hair “bobble” tie around my little finger.

DrP

Sew a marble into the back of your PJs….?

Or, medical therapies will include:
    -weight loss if needed
    -avoid alcohol
    -trial of steroid nasal spray
    -refer to ENT for lazerzzzz to be zapped onto your soft palate!

DrP

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I too (ashamedly) have a snoring ring, and it seems to work.

acidchunks

Yep, snore ring here as well.

I can’t vouch for its effectiveness first hand but I don’t wake up with sore ribs anymore.

samuri
    Free Member

Different room.
    My wife (and no, she’s not overweight, doesn’t drink and doesn’t smoke), sometimes snores but more often she’s just very fidgety in bed. I asked her about it but she said something about not being satisfied, dunno, I wasn’t really listening.

Anyway, I often end up sleeping on the couch. problem is, the dog snores really loudly, so I end up sleeping on the couch in the conservatory.

Cure? Virtually all snoring is IME, down to people sleeping on their back so something that stops that happening, tennis ball sewn into your PJ’s, knickers or one of them tubes with a bulge at the back. Just wear your cycling fanny back filled with marbles when you’re in bed.

Sexy too.

samuri
    Free Member

Camelbak with pressure activated dildo in it.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Current wife uses the snoring ring. Works a treat. Has a flat area and a dimple on the inside of the ring. Seems to use a pressure point or something. It seems to work for her, well me actually, as I can sleep now.

pingu66
    Free Member

Snoring Ring.

Isn’t that farting? Or not that ring!

Tennis balls sewn into pjs.

Could be nasal I have heard of people having surgery!

samuri
    Free Member

Oh: And when I had en extended stay in hospital with a broken knee, they put me in a ward where all the blokes having nose surgery to stop them snoring were.

What a bunch of whining little girls! All **** night they were calling for the nurse, complaining about the pain, saying they were struggling to breathe, asking for a glass of water, crying because they’re not in their own bed. I was ashamed to be a man in that ward. Pathetic bunch of nancies.

i bet they all went home and boasted to their mates down the pub about how they toughed it out.

joemarshall
    Free Member

refer to ENT for lazerzzzz to be zapped onto your soft palate!

They don’t do that round here any more – apparently the evidence was that it lasted for a year and then wasn’t any better than before.

DrP

Plus the swallowing issues…

DrP

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Snoring – any cures?’ is closed to new replies.